Father left unable to walk after Highgate crash appeals for witnesses
A father-of-two who may never walk again after he was in a motorbike crash in Highgate has appealed for witnesses who saw the devastating accident.
Trevor Farquharson, 47, was driving up Archway Road on his motorbike last month when he collided with a car, snapping his spinal column and suffering a broken neck.
The former fitness instructor remembers little from the accident, which has left him paralysed from the chest down and facing a lifetime in a wheelchair.
Joanna Bailey, a solicitor representing Mr Farquharson, said: “Trevor was incredibly lucky he wasn’t killed, but he has sustained multiple life-changing catastrophic injuries.
“Trevor has no sensation from the chest downwards, he is in considerable pain and he is unlikely to ever walk again.
“Doctors have told him that had the break in his spinal column occurred only one inch higher he would also have lost all sensation in his arms.”
The accident has left Mr Farquharson “devastated” and unable to play the sports he loves, the solicitor said.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 5 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 6 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 7 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 8 Gabriel Jesus solves Arsenal's striking conundrum
- 9 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 10 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
“Trevor loved working out and being with his two sons,” she said.
“He is obviously completely devastated and particularly upset about how his injuries may affect his relationships with his children.
“If anyone was on Archway Road that evening and witnessed the incident, then please do get in touch.”
Mr Farquharson, from Colindale, was driving north up Archway Road on his red and black Honda motorcycle on Wednesday, February 15 this year when he was knocked over near Highgate tube station at around 7.15pm.
Ms Bailey has urged anybody who saw the crash to get in touch.
She said: “He remembers little about the incident itself, and we desperately need to piece together exactly what happened.”
Anyone with information should contact Joanna Bailey at Fentons Solicitors on 0207 092 2808 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information will be treated in confidence.