Father left unable to walk after Highgate crash appeals for witnesses
A father-of-two who may never walk again after he was in a motorbike crash in Highgate has appealed for witnesses who saw the devastating accident.
Trevor Farquharson, 47, was driving up Archway Road on his motorbike last month when he collided with a car, snapping his spinal column and suffering a broken neck.
The former fitness instructor remembers little from the accident, which has left him paralysed from the chest down and facing a lifetime in a wheelchair.
Joanna Bailey, a solicitor representing Mr Farquharson, said: “Trevor was incredibly lucky he wasn’t killed, but he has sustained multiple life-changing catastrophic injuries.
“Trevor has no sensation from the chest downwards, he is in considerable pain and he is unlikely to ever walk again.
“Doctors have told him that had the break in his spinal column occurred only one inch higher he would also have lost all sensation in his arms.”
The accident has left Mr Farquharson “devastated” and unable to play the sports he loves, the solicitor said.
- 1 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 7 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 8 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 9 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
“Trevor loved working out and being with his two sons,” she said.
“He is obviously completely devastated and particularly upset about how his injuries may affect his relationships with his children.
“If anyone was on Archway Road that evening and witnessed the incident, then please do get in touch.”
Mr Farquharson, from Colindale, was driving north up Archway Road on his red and black Honda motorcycle on Wednesday, February 15 this year when he was knocked over near Highgate tube station at around 7.15pm.
Ms Bailey has urged anybody who saw the crash to get in touch.
She said: “He remembers little about the incident itself, and we desperately need to piece together exactly what happened.”
Anyone with information should contact Joanna Bailey at Fentons Solicitors on 0207 092 2808 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information will be treated in confidence.