Father and daughter peddle family values on 230-mile ride
A FATHER and daughter team have set out on a 230-mile cycle ride from their Highgate home to raise money for charity. Paul Renney and his 15-year-old daughter Olivia peddled out from their home in Cholmeley Park to make the journey to Polzeath on the nort
A FATHER and daughter team have set out on a 230-mile cycle ride from their Highgate home to raise money for charity.
Paul Renney and his 15-year-old daughter Olivia peddled out from their home in Cholmeley Park to make the journey to Polzeath on the north Cornwall coast.
"It was Olivia's idea and, being a slightly mad father, I said, 'Well why not'," said Mr Renney, who is a lawyer.
"We're going along the old A30 because that will be a more scenic route. We thought about driving out to the edge of the M25 before getting on our bikes but then we thought, 'No, that's nonsense.'
You may also want to watch:
"We said we'll do it from home so that's what we've decided to do."
The pair, who set off last Thursday morning, have stocked up on supplies and have been in hard training leading up to the event, cycling from Highgate to Hatfield, St Albans and Hammersmith.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
The only worry before they left was Olivia's knee injury, sustained while playing lacrosse, but after a spot of physiotherapy she is in good form.
They are raising money for National Children's Homes, and so far Olivia is leading the fundraising race.
To sponsor her, log on to www.justgiving. com/oliviarenney.
To sponsor her dad, visit www.justgiving. com/paulrenneybytenight08.
Picture by Nigel Sutton