Cyclist killed in HGV crash outside Holborn Station
- Credit: Google
Police are appealing to trace a key witness and the next of kin of a cyclist who died in a crash with a HGV lorry in Holborn.
Emergency services were called just after 10am yesterday (March 1) following a report of a collision involving a cyclist and a lorry outside Holborn Station in Kingsway.
Police officers, the London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade all attended, but sadly the cyclist - a woman in her late 30s - was pronounced dead at the scene.
Specialist investigators are hoping to identify a woman identified as a potential key witness, who handed in the victim’s mobile phone after it fell to the ground during the collision.
It is also thought she may have witnessed the collision itself.
Det Sgt Rebecca Collens, who is leading the investigation, said: “This is an incredibly tragic incident and we are working hard to establish exactly what happened.
"If you were driving in the area please check your dashcam for any recordings that may have captured this collision.”
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 3 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 9 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 10 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
The HGV driver stopped at the scene, and there have been no arrests.
Witnesses are asked to call 101 quoting CAD 1888 /01Mar.