Fashion writer’s Valentine’s Day suicide after break-up with girlfriend
A writer, photographer and prolific fashion blogger took his own life on Valentine’s Day after breaking up with his girlfriend, an inquest has found.
James Andrews, 24, of Upper Tollington Park, Stroud Green, was hit by a train near St Anne’s in Bristol on February 14 this year.
He had planned to go to Paris on the day he died with his girlfriend Eleanor Sharpe, a ballet dancer with the English National Ballet School.
Mr Andrews was well known in the fashion world for the articles and photographs he shared on his Twitter page and blog.
He also featured in the Ham&High after he gave a copy of his favourite book, The Great Gatsby, to a homeless man by Belsize Park tube station.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly before he died, he left a message on Twitter quoting Winnie the Pooh which read: “…there is something you must always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
“But the most important thing is, even if we are apart… I’ll be always with you.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
The inquest into his death was heard at Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court on Tuesday.
Assistant Coroner Terrence Moore recorded a verdict of suicide.