Fashion writer’s Valentine’s Day suicide after break-up with girlfriend
A writer, photographer and prolific fashion blogger took his own life on Valentine’s Day after breaking up with his girlfriend, an inquest has found.
James Andrews, 24, of Upper Tollington Park, Stroud Green, was hit by a train near St Anne’s in Bristol on February 14 this year.
He had planned to go to Paris on the day he died with his girlfriend Eleanor Sharpe, a ballet dancer with the English National Ballet School.
Mr Andrews was well known in the fashion world for the articles and photographs he shared on his Twitter page and blog.
He also featured in the Ham&High after he gave a copy of his favourite book, The Great Gatsby, to a homeless man by Belsize Park tube station.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly before he died, he left a message on Twitter quoting Winnie the Pooh which read: “…there is something you must always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
“But the most important thing is, even if we are apart… I’ll be always with you.”
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
The inquest into his death was heard at Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court on Tuesday.
Assistant Coroner Terrence Moore recorded a verdict of suicide.