Fashion writer’s Valentine’s Day suicide after break-up with girlfriend
A writer, photographer and prolific fashion blogger took his own life on Valentine’s Day after breaking up with his girlfriend, an inquest has found.
James Andrews, 24, of Upper Tollington Park, Stroud Green, was hit by a train near St Anne’s in Bristol on February 14 this year.
He had planned to go to Paris on the day he died with his girlfriend Eleanor Sharpe, a ballet dancer with the English National Ballet School.
Mr Andrews was well known in the fashion world for the articles and photographs he shared on his Twitter page and blog.
He also featured in the Ham&High after he gave a copy of his favourite book, The Great Gatsby, to a homeless man by Belsize Park tube station.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly before he died, he left a message on Twitter quoting Winnie the Pooh which read: “…there is something you must always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
“But the most important thing is, even if we are apart… I’ll be always with you.”
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
The inquest into his death was heard at Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court on Tuesday.
Assistant Coroner Terrence Moore recorded a verdict of suicide.