Fashion writer’s Valentine’s Day suicide after break-up with girlfriend
A writer, photographer and prolific fashion blogger took his own life on Valentine’s Day after breaking up with his girlfriend, an inquest has found.
James Andrews, 24, of Upper Tollington Park, Stroud Green, was hit by a train near St Anne’s in Bristol on February 14 this year.
He had planned to go to Paris on the day he died with his girlfriend Eleanor Sharpe, a ballet dancer with the English National Ballet School.
Mr Andrews was well known in the fashion world for the articles and photographs he shared on his Twitter page and blog.
He also featured in the Ham&High after he gave a copy of his favourite book, The Great Gatsby, to a homeless man by Belsize Park tube station.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly before he died, he left a message on Twitter quoting Winnie the Pooh which read: “…there is something you must always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
“But the most important thing is, even if we are apart… I’ll be always with you.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
The inquest into his death was heard at Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court on Tuesday.
Assistant Coroner Terrence Moore recorded a verdict of suicide.