Fashion designer Fahri tells court 'she thought she would die'
HAMPSTEAD fashion designer Nicole Fahri told a court today how she thought she was going to die on the steps of her own home when she was robbed by two men. Ms Fahri, 62, was at Wood Green Crown Court to give evidence in the trial of Matthew Mykoo, who is
HAMPSTEAD fashion designer Nicole Fahri told a court today how she thought she was going to die on the steps of her own home when she was robbed by two men.
Ms Fahri, 62, was at Wood Green Crown Court to give evidence in the trial of Matthew Mykoo, who is accused of robbing 16 women across London.
Ms Fahri - a world-renowned designer - described the moment she was attacked outside her Frognal home on April 24 last year.
She said: "I heard some footsteps. I was facing the door and had my house keys in my hand.
You may also want to watch:
"The footsteps were very fast. One hand came over my eyes. The other around my throat. He was fiddling and squeezed me tight and I fainted. I fell on top of him.
"My last thought was how stupid to die in front of my own house."
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Ms Fahri then told the court how she was threatened with the knife and had her diamond ring and rolex watch, which belonged to her father, taken from her.
Fahri said she pleaded with the two robbers in French to give her watch back but the two men fled.
Matthew Mykoo denies 16 charges but earlier pleaded guilty to two. His brother Daniel Mykoo pleaded guilty to all 18 charges.
The case continues.