FARMHOUSE BREAKFAST RECIPES
Preparation time: 10 minutesCooking time: 15 minutesServes 4
4 rashers local smoked back bacon, chopped4 medium eggs, beaten4 cherry tomatoes, quartered2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk1 tbsp chopped parsley4 slices wholemeal bread, toasted
Regional sausages to serve, allow 1 per person
Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
Grease 4 compartments of a muffin tray and preheat in the oven.
Fry the bacon in a small frying pan for 3-4 minutes until crispy. Mix together the egg, tomatoes, milk, parsley and bacon then season with black pepper. Pour into the greased muffin tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 5 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 6 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 HGO double bill: modern dress baroque opera as it would have sounded centuries ago
Serve immediately on toast with regional sausages.
Hint & tip
Try adding some grated Cheshire cheese and a little English mustard for extra richness.