Farmers’ market may come to Primrose Hill
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Camden Council is due to decide if a weekly farmers’ market will be opened on the bridge into Primrose Hill by the start of May.
Lisa Lee, who owns Tann Rokka coffee shop in Regent’s Park Road, Primrose Hill, came up with the idea for a farmers’ market two years ago.
It is now in the final stages of winning approval from the council, with a decision due to be made by the beginning of next month.
Ms Lee said: “My hope is to bring more trade into the village, because in the past couple of years a lot of shops have closed down.
“The market is for locals and local business will be involved. I hope also that it will improve business in the village.”
You may also want to watch:
The stalls, which will sell a mixture of local produce, food and art, will be decorated so that they all match each other.
“Some markets can look a bit of mess, but we want ours to be very uniform so it fits in with Primrose Hill,” said Ms Lee.
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 3 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 10 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
“We want to make sure that everyone benefits and business won’t be harmed.
“It will begin as trial thing, and if it starts to damage other people’s businesses we’ll revaluate.
“I don’t want to take trade away from any one else.”
She added: “We are hoping to get a final decision on it by May and once that comes through I think it will move along very quickly.”