Family say missing West Hampstead actor found dead in woods near his home is now ‘at peace’
- Credit: Archant
The family of a TV actor who went missing nearly 15 months ago say he is now “at peace” after his body was discovered by police in woodland near his home.
Richard Gent, who played cameo roles in TV dramas including Casualty, Teachers, Mistresses, and hit Dr Who spin-off series Torchwood, had not been seen since leaving his home in Ravenshaw Road, West Hampstead, on April 21 last year.
Earlier this month, in the early hours of July 2, police found Mr Gent’s body in woodland off Claremont Road, in Cricklewood. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Today, his family said in a statement: “The search for Richard is over and he is at peace now. We miss him more than we can ever say, and want to thank everyone for their support - not just from our family and friends, but from all those in the acting world who helped us when he went missing. Everyone’s kindness shows just how much he was loved.
“Richard’s love of acting has given us many wonderful memories to hold on to in this very difficult time and we can only ask that our family’s grief is respected.
You may also want to watch:
“We are donating to the charity Missing People and setting up an acting scholarship in his name to help other young actors.”
An inquest into the death of Mr Gent, who was 27 at the time of his disappearance, was opened at Barnet Coroner’s Court on July 8 and adjourned until a date to be fixed. The provisional cause of death was recorded as “hanging”.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
Police are not treating the death as suspicious at this stage.