Family joy as dog lost in snow after motorbike crash returns home
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead Garden Suburb family are rejoicing after the unexpected return of their cherished pet dog who disappeared into the snow last week.
The Trigg family, of Willifield Way, feared they would never see black labrador Daisy again when she fled into the dark on Friday night (January 18) after being frightened by the sound of a motorcycle crash near to the family home.
But mother-of-four Katherine Trigg, 50, who recently moved to the Suburb with her family from their farm in South Wales, was over the moon when a neighbour popped over on Tuesday (January 23) to tell her they had found Daisy in a nearby garden.
“We put so many posters up, we had a Twitter campaign and a Facebook page called ‘Find Daisy’,” said Mrs Trigg.
“My neighbour said, ‘She won’t survive in the snow’.
You may also want to watch:
“I think had she been a little London dog she wouldn’t have coped, but as she’s a tough country dog she was okay.
“She looks great!”
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'