Family fear corpse of father who died in Archway Bridge death plunge was robbed
The grieving family of a man who died after plunging from Archway Bridge fear he may have been robbed as he lay dead.
Father-of-two Troy Brown fell 60 feet to his death from the bridge, which spans Archway Road in Highgate, on Tuesday, August 6.
Despite leaving home with his freedom pass, house keys and iPhone, none of the items were found on or near the 32-year-old’s body, leaving his family with unanswered questions.
His partner Danielle Brooks, 25, said: “We couldn’t believe it when we were told he had nothing on him. It has left us wondering if someone took them off him after he died.
“They may seem like small things but we want his stuff back.
You may also want to watch:
“The keys were on a keyring I gave him so it’s got sentimental value.”
Danielle, who is mother to Mr Brown’s two children, also told how he made and received texts shortly before his death.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 7 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 8 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
But without his phone the family cannot find out what was said.
She said: “We want to know what he was saying and what the person he was texting was saying back. We really need closure on this as it has been hurting us all.”
Mr Brown, who lived in Tottenham, was a paranoid schizophrenic and had struggled with the condition in the weeks leading up to his death.
Danielle revealed the couple, who had been together for seven years, had been on a date the week before his death. But he rang her shortly after and told her they could no longer be together.
Mr Brown’s condition led him to believe the government was watching him and, despite being on medication, he had forgotten to take it for a number of days before he died.
Danielle spoke to the coroner to find out what had happened to his possessions but was told the incident was not being treated as suspicious.
A full inquest into his death will be held in November.
The case comes after another family of a man who fell from Archway Bridge were left devastated when robbers stole his prized possessions.
A car full of Jonathan Culverwell-Landsberg’s belongings was plundered on June 7 this year within hours of his death.
If you have any information about the whereabouts of Troy Brown’s belongings, call police on 101 or the Ham&High on 020 7433 6215.
* The Samaritans provide confidential emotional support to anyone in crisis, around the clock, every day of the year. Contact 08457 90 90 90 or visit your local branch.