Fabulous fish recipe from The King's Head, Hadleigh
Pan fried black bream fillets served on a king prawn and pea risotto with red onion marmalade and dressed rocket
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 black bream, filleted, each weighing 300-400g8 king prawns50g petit pois160g arborio rice1 litre chicken stock50g grated parmesanSalt and pepperRocket to garnish3 banana shallots, finely diced1 glass white wine
For the red onion marmalade:4 red onions, finely sliced100ml balsamic vinegarBrown sugar to taste
You may also want to watch:
1. Finely slice the red onions. Place in pan with hot oil and fry for 3-4mins, then add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Stir and cook on a medium heat until liquor has reduced.
2. For the risotto: finely dice the shallots and fry in saucepan until translucent. Add arborio rice and cook until almost translucent. Now add small glass of white wine. Once wine has been absorbed, add chicken stock one ladle at a time. When rice is al dente, add grated parmesan and taste for seasoning.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
3. While risotto is cooking, poach off your prawns for 4-5 mins in a small amount of stock and set aside.
4. Put oil in a pan. Once it is smoking, flour skin side of bream and place in pan. Fry for 4-5 mins.
5. Assemble your dish and enjoy!