Fabulous fish recipe from The King's Head, Hadleigh
Pan fried black bream fillets served on a king prawn and pea risotto with red onion marmalade and dressed rocket
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 black bream, filleted, each weighing 300-400g8 king prawns50g petit pois160g arborio rice1 litre chicken stock50g grated parmesanSalt and pepperRocket to garnish3 banana shallots, finely diced1 glass white wine
For the red onion marmalade:4 red onions, finely sliced100ml balsamic vinegarBrown sugar to taste
You may also want to watch:
1. Finely slice the red onions. Place in pan with hot oil and fry for 3-4mins, then add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Stir and cook on a medium heat until liquor has reduced.
2. For the risotto: finely dice the shallots and fry in saucepan until translucent. Add arborio rice and cook until almost translucent. Now add small glass of white wine. Once wine has been absorbed, add chicken stock one ladle at a time. When rice is al dente, add grated parmesan and taste for seasoning.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 10 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
3. While risotto is cooking, poach off your prawns for 4-5 mins in a small amount of stock and set aside.
4. Put oil in a pan. Once it is smoking, flour skin side of bream and place in pan. Fry for 4-5 mins.
5. Assemble your dish and enjoy!