Fabulous fish recipe from The King's Head, Hadleigh
Pan fried black bream fillets served on a king prawn and pea risotto with red onion marmalade and dressed rocket
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 black bream, filleted, each weighing 300-400g8 king prawns50g petit pois160g arborio rice1 litre chicken stock50g grated parmesanSalt and pepperRocket to garnish3 banana shallots, finely diced1 glass white wine
For the red onion marmalade:4 red onions, finely sliced100ml balsamic vinegarBrown sugar to taste
You may also want to watch:
1. Finely slice the red onions. Place in pan with hot oil and fry for 3-4mins, then add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Stir and cook on a medium heat until liquor has reduced.
2. For the risotto: finely dice the shallots and fry in saucepan until translucent. Add arborio rice and cook until almost translucent. Now add small glass of white wine. Once wine has been absorbed, add chicken stock one ladle at a time. When rice is al dente, add grated parmesan and taste for seasoning.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
3. While risotto is cooking, poach off your prawns for 4-5 mins in a small amount of stock and set aside.
4. Put oil in a pan. Once it is smoking, flour skin side of bream and place in pan. Fry for 4-5 mins.
5. Assemble your dish and enjoy!