Fabulous fish recipe from The King's Head, Hadleigh
Pan fried black bream fillets served on a king prawn and pea risotto with red onion marmalade and dressed rocket
Ingredients (serves 2)
2 black bream, filleted, each weighing 300-400g8 king prawns50g petit pois160g arborio rice1 litre chicken stock50g grated parmesanSalt and pepperRocket to garnish3 banana shallots, finely diced1 glass white wine
For the red onion marmalade:4 red onions, finely sliced100ml balsamic vinegarBrown sugar to taste
1. Finely slice the red onions. Place in pan with hot oil and fry for 3-4mins, then add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar. Stir and cook on a medium heat until liquor has reduced.
2. For the risotto: finely dice the shallots and fry in saucepan until translucent. Add arborio rice and cook until almost translucent. Now add small glass of white wine. Once wine has been absorbed, add chicken stock one ladle at a time. When rice is al dente, add grated parmesan and taste for seasoning.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 3 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 4 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 5 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 6 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 7 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 8 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 9 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 10 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
3. While risotto is cooking, poach off your prawns for 4-5 mins in a small amount of stock and set aside.
4. Put oil in a pan. Once it is smoking, flour skin side of bream and place in pan. Fry for 4-5 mins.
5. Assemble your dish and enjoy!