Highgate restaurant Fabrizio welcomes X Factor semi-finalists
When a restaurant’s regulars include Kinks legend Ray Davies, actress Billie Piper, and film star Tom Wilkinson, X Factor contestants may seem like small fry in comparison.
However, for fan Fabrizio Tolomeo, serving food to this year’s TV semi-finalists, host Dermot O’Leary, and a camera crew at his Highgate restaurant Fabrizio was a “dream come true”.
Mr Tolomeo thought it was a scam when he was sent an email informing him that the X Factor wanted to use his Brookfield Park eatery to film a pre-recorded scene for the live semi-final show two weeks ago.
But sure enough, semi-finalists Ben Haenow, Fleur East, Lauren Platt, and Andrea Faustini walked through the doors with host Mr O’Leary, to sit down for some of Fabrizio’s famous metre-long pizzas.
Mr Tolomeo hit it off best with fellow Italian native Mr Faustini, who told the owner that eating in the restaurant felt like he was “at home”.
You may also want to watch:
Naturally he rooted for either Mr Faustini or Ms East to win the competition overall before Mr Haenow claimed the crown on Saturday.
Mr Tolomeo said: “It was a dream come true! It was amazing, and a great party.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 6 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
“We are only a little restaurant but we always have good food.”