Highgate restaurant Fabrizio welcomes X Factor semi-finalists
When a restaurant’s regulars include Kinks legend Ray Davies, actress Billie Piper, and film star Tom Wilkinson, X Factor contestants may seem like small fry in comparison.
However, for fan Fabrizio Tolomeo, serving food to this year’s TV semi-finalists, host Dermot O’Leary, and a camera crew at his Highgate restaurant Fabrizio was a “dream come true”.
Mr Tolomeo thought it was a scam when he was sent an email informing him that the X Factor wanted to use his Brookfield Park eatery to film a pre-recorded scene for the live semi-final show two weeks ago.
But sure enough, semi-finalists Ben Haenow, Fleur East, Lauren Platt, and Andrea Faustini walked through the doors with host Mr O’Leary, to sit down for some of Fabrizio’s famous metre-long pizzas.
Mr Tolomeo hit it off best with fellow Italian native Mr Faustini, who told the owner that eating in the restaurant felt like he was “at home”.
You may also want to watch:
Naturally he rooted for either Mr Faustini or Ms East to win the competition overall before Mr Haenow claimed the crown on Saturday.
Mr Tolomeo said: “It was a dream come true! It was amazing, and a great party.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
“We are only a little restaurant but we always have good food.”