FABREGAS: I'm not tempted by Manchester City's millions
Cesc Fabregas says he will not be enticed by Manchester City s new found millions, writes Jem Maidment. The Gunners midfielder (pictured below) reportedly heads a wish list of targets for City manager Mark Hughes new bosses, The Abu Dhabi United Group, a
Cesc Fabregas says he will not be enticed by Manchester City's new found millions, writes Jem Maidment.
The Gunners midfielder (pictured below) reportedly heads a wish list of targets for City manager Mark Hughes' new bosses, The Abu Dhabi United Group, after their shock acquisition of the club last month.
Real Madrid striker Robinho made a shock move to Eastlands for £32.5million just before the transfer deadline, but the Spain midfielder, who still has six years to run on his Emirates contract, will not follow him.
"To be honest, I have never heard anything from Manchester City," said Fabregas this week.
You may also want to watch:
"It is true that someone told me they had mentioned my name when they were talking about some players.
"It's always nice to hear your name, but as I said before I'm happy here at Arsenal and I will have success here.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
"In the future, no one knows, but for the moment I will give all my power and much more in the years to come."
He also questioned Robinho's decision to snub Chelsea for City, whose last major honour was the 1976 League Cup.
"I said it's a bit weird for a player of his quality to go from Real Madrid to Manchester City," added the 21-year-old.
"I'm not saying anything against Manchester City, but I thought it was a bit weird. He's got his reasons for sure and I wish him all the best."
The Gunners return to Premier League action on Saturday afternoon when they travel to Ewood Park to tackle Paul Ince's Blackburn Rovers.
l Meanwhile, Arsenal Ladies will take on Neulengbach from Austria, FC Zürich Frauen from Switzerland and Olympique Lyonnais in the Uefa Women's Cup. The second qualifying round is scheduled to take place between October 9 and 14.