FABREGAS: I'm not tempted by Manchester City's millions
Cesc Fabregas says he will not be enticed by Manchester City s new found millions, writes Jem Maidment. The Gunners midfielder (pictured below) reportedly heads a wish list of targets for City manager Mark Hughes new bosses, The Abu Dhabi United Group, a
Cesc Fabregas says he will not be enticed by Manchester City's new found millions, writes Jem Maidment.
The Gunners midfielder (pictured below) reportedly heads a wish list of targets for City manager Mark Hughes' new bosses, The Abu Dhabi United Group, after their shock acquisition of the club last month.
Real Madrid striker Robinho made a shock move to Eastlands for £32.5million just before the transfer deadline, but the Spain midfielder, who still has six years to run on his Emirates contract, will not follow him.
"To be honest, I have never heard anything from Manchester City," said Fabregas this week.
"It is true that someone told me they had mentioned my name when they were talking about some players.
"It's always nice to hear your name, but as I said before I'm happy here at Arsenal and I will have success here.
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 9 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 10 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
"In the future, no one knows, but for the moment I will give all my power and much more in the years to come."
He also questioned Robinho's decision to snub Chelsea for City, whose last major honour was the 1976 League Cup.
"I said it's a bit weird for a player of his quality to go from Real Madrid to Manchester City," added the 21-year-old.
"I'm not saying anything against Manchester City, but I thought it was a bit weird. He's got his reasons for sure and I wish him all the best."
The Gunners return to Premier League action on Saturday afternoon when they travel to Ewood Park to tackle Paul Ince's Blackburn Rovers.
l Meanwhile, Arsenal Ladies will take on Neulengbach from Austria, FC Zürich Frauen from Switzerland and Olympique Lyonnais in the Uefa Women's Cup. The second qualifying round is scheduled to take place between October 9 and 14.