Fabregas dream is to captain Arsenal - but not just yet
Cesc Fabregas says his dream is to captain Arsenal. I would love it, he said. I am happy with everything, my number four, playing for Arsenal in centre midfield and giving 100 per cent every, every, game. But if the boss thinks in one or two years I
Cesc Fabregas says his dream is to captain Arsenal.
"I would love it," he said. "I am happy with everything, my number four, playing for Arsenal in centre midfield and giving 100 per cent every, every, game.
"But if the boss thinks in one or two years I am ready to be captain, I will take the armband."
The Spaniard believes he is "privileged" to be a Gunner, reassuring fans who are concerned he could leave next summer.
You may also want to watch:
"Arsenal is Arsenal," he added. "This club has something special that no others has. We have to take care of it.
"I have a lot of friends in Spain and Italy and when they speak about other clubs I know I am privileged to be where I am. I don't want to lose it. I want to win things for the club. I want to play for Arsenal.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
"When you see football all around the world, you see very few teams who play the way that we play.
"I just enjoy it. I feel it is my home now.