Fabregas dream is to captain Arsenal - but not just yet
Cesc Fabregas says his dream is to captain Arsenal. I would love it, he said. I am happy with everything, my number four, playing for Arsenal in centre midfield and giving 100 per cent every, every, game. But if the boss thinks in one or two years I
Cesc Fabregas says his dream is to captain Arsenal.
"I would love it," he said. "I am happy with everything, my number four, playing for Arsenal in centre midfield and giving 100 per cent every, every, game.
"But if the boss thinks in one or two years I am ready to be captain, I will take the armband."
The Spaniard believes he is "privileged" to be a Gunner, reassuring fans who are concerned he could leave next summer.
You may also want to watch:
"Arsenal is Arsenal," he added. "This club has something special that no others has. We have to take care of it.
"I have a lot of friends in Spain and Italy and when they speak about other clubs I know I am privileged to be where I am. I don't want to lose it. I want to win things for the club. I want to play for Arsenal.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
"When you see football all around the world, you see very few teams who play the way that we play.
"I just enjoy it. I feel it is my home now.