FA CUP PREVIEW: West Ham will be difficult obstacle to overcome
West Ham look set for a long relegation battle in 2010 – so a good cup run would prove a welcome distraction. Decimated by injuries, the Hammers lie fourth from bottom in the Premier League table. Their best player, Scott Parker, limped out of their 2-0 d
West Ham look set for a long relegation battle in 2010 - so a good cup run would prove a welcome distraction.
Decimated by injuries, the Hammers lie fourth from bottom in the Premier League table.
Their best player, Scott Parker, limped out of their 2-0 defeat at Spurs last weekend with a hamstring strain which could rule him out. Leading scorer Carlton Cole is in the treatment room while Dean Ashton was forced to retire after battling a long-term injury.
Fullback Herita Ilunga is also a doubt after picking up a hamstring injury at White Hart Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Desperate West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola has been forced to recall Freddie Sears from Crystal Palace in time for the visit of Arsenal.
The Gunners have already travelled to Upton Park this term, blowing a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 in the league back in October, but haven't played in a cup game in the East End since 1997/98 - when they won in both the League Cup and FA Cup.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Arsenal are back on track and are unbeaten in their last three matches at Upton Park, but despite the Hammers' lame form, the cup, to use a clich�, can be a great leveller.
Arsenal to shade a tight game, 1-0.