Ex-Liverpool and Spurs defender tackles Golders Green fire
- Credit: Archant
Former footballer Neil Ruddock got more than he bargained for during a trip to a Golders Green tailor last week.
The ex-Liverpool and Spurs defender, nicknamed ‘Razor’ Ruddock in his playing days, was forced to help extinguish a fire which took hold of a bin outside Gold’s Factory Outlet, in Golders Green Road, last Wednesday.
Mr Ruddock, 44, who appeared in Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year, was visiting the clothes store with his glamour model fiancé Leah Newman, 31, when the fire started.
Warren Gold, 55, owner of Gold’s Factory Outlet, said: “He knows we do the big boys’ suits and he needed a couple rather quickly so we accommodated him.
“A fire started in a bin outside the shop and so Neil Ruddock and I helped to put it out. It was ridiculous, he had photographs taken with the firemen. It was good fun - he’s a great guy!”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Gold’s Factory Outlet, visit www.thebigredbuilding.com or call 020 8905 5721.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans