Ex-Liverpool and Spurs defender tackles Golders Green fire
- Credit: Archant
Former footballer Neil Ruddock got more than he bargained for during a trip to a Golders Green tailor last week.
The ex-Liverpool and Spurs defender, nicknamed ‘Razor’ Ruddock in his playing days, was forced to help extinguish a fire which took hold of a bin outside Gold’s Factory Outlet, in Golders Green Road, last Wednesday.
Mr Ruddock, 44, who appeared in Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year, was visiting the clothes store with his glamour model fiancé Leah Newman, 31, when the fire started.
Warren Gold, 55, owner of Gold’s Factory Outlet, said: “He knows we do the big boys’ suits and he needed a couple rather quickly so we accommodated him.
“A fire started in a bin outside the shop and so Neil Ruddock and I helped to put it out. It was ridiculous, he had photographs taken with the firemen. It was good fun - he’s a great guy!”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Gold’s Factory Outlet, visit www.thebigredbuilding.com or call 020 8905 5721.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos