Ex-Liverpool and Spurs defender tackles Golders Green fire
- Credit: Archant
Former footballer Neil Ruddock got more than he bargained for during a trip to a Golders Green tailor last week.
The ex-Liverpool and Spurs defender, nicknamed ‘Razor’ Ruddock in his playing days, was forced to help extinguish a fire which took hold of a bin outside Gold’s Factory Outlet, in Golders Green Road, last Wednesday.
Mr Ruddock, 44, who appeared in Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year, was visiting the clothes store with his glamour model fiancé Leah Newman, 31, when the fire started.
Warren Gold, 55, owner of Gold’s Factory Outlet, said: “He knows we do the big boys’ suits and he needed a couple rather quickly so we accommodated him.
“A fire started in a bin outside the shop and so Neil Ruddock and I helped to put it out. It was ridiculous, he had photographs taken with the firemen. It was good fun - he’s a great guy!”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Gold’s Factory Outlet, visit www.thebigredbuilding.com or call 020 8905 5721.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 9 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 10 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work