Ex-Liverpool and Spurs defender tackles Golders Green fire
- Credit: Archant
Former footballer Neil Ruddock got more than he bargained for during a trip to a Golders Green tailor last week.
The ex-Liverpool and Spurs defender, nicknamed ‘Razor’ Ruddock in his playing days, was forced to help extinguish a fire which took hold of a bin outside Gold’s Factory Outlet, in Golders Green Road, last Wednesday.
Mr Ruddock, 44, who appeared in Celebrity Big Brother earlier this year, was visiting the clothes store with his glamour model fiancé Leah Newman, 31, when the fire started.
Warren Gold, 55, owner of Gold’s Factory Outlet, said: “He knows we do the big boys’ suits and he needed a couple rather quickly so we accommodated him.
“A fire started in a bin outside the shop and so Neil Ruddock and I helped to put it out. It was ridiculous, he had photographs taken with the firemen. It was good fun - he’s a great guy!”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Gold’s Factory Outlet, visit www.thebigredbuilding.com or call 020 8905 5721.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'