Former boss Pochettino ‘dreams of return’ to Tottenham
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is “motivated for his next project” – but wants to return to the club one day to finish the job he started.
Pochettino left Spurs in November, six months after leading the club to the Champions League final, and has been linked with Newcastle in recent days.
Reports claim the Argentinian is the main target of the Magpies’ prospective new owners should they complete a takeover but Pochettino could not disguise his desire to return to north London at some stage in his career.
The ex-Southampton boss, who spent more than five years at Spurs, told BT Sport: “It was an amazing journey that finished the way no-one wanted it to finish.
“But deep in my heart I am sure our paths will cross again. From the day I left the club, my dream is to be back one day and to try to finish the work we didn’t finish. We were so closing to winning the Premier League and Champions League.
“But of course I am looking forward to moving on and I am so motivated for the next project.
“But deep inside I want to go back because the fans are so special. Maybe in five years, maybe in 10 years, but before I die I want to manage Tottenham.
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 9 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 10 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
“I want to feel what it means to win one title with Tottenham because the fans are amazing, all the love we received was amazing and that is a good opportunity to pay back all the love they showed us from day one.”