Ex-Arsenal midfielder takes swipe at Gunners
Former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida has claimed he didn t fit in at the Emirates.The 20-year-old Spaniard, who came through the youth system at Barcelona, has returned to his homeland with boyhood club Atletico Madrid after just six league outings in
Former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida has claimed he didn't "fit in" at the Emirates.
The 20-year-old Spaniard, who came through the youth system at Barcelona, has returned to his homeland with boyhood club Atletico Madrid after just six league outings in north London.
His last goal came in a substitute appearance during the 2-0 win at Bolton in January.
He told AS: "I'm an Atletico fan and I feel enormously proud to be here.
You may also want to watch:
"Atletico are a big club and so are Arsenal, but there were some circumstances there, particularly on the sporting side, which I wasn't happy with and I couldn't fit in.
"I made (Arsene) Wenger aware of that and as soon as I knew Atletico were interested, I didn't think twice.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes