Ex-Arsenal midfielder takes swipe at Gunners
Former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida has claimed he didn t fit in at the Emirates.The 20-year-old Spaniard, who came through the youth system at Barcelona, has returned to his homeland with boyhood club Atletico Madrid after just six league outings in
Former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida has claimed he didn't "fit in" at the Emirates.
The 20-year-old Spaniard, who came through the youth system at Barcelona, has returned to his homeland with boyhood club Atletico Madrid after just six league outings in north London.
His last goal came in a substitute appearance during the 2-0 win at Bolton in January.
He told AS: "I'm an Atletico fan and I feel enormously proud to be here.
You may also want to watch:
"Atletico are a big club and so are Arsenal, but there were some circumstances there, particularly on the sporting side, which I wasn't happy with and I couldn't fit in.
"I made (Arsene) Wenger aware of that and as soon as I knew Atletico were interested, I didn't think twice.
- 1 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 2 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 6 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United