Ex-Arsenal midfielder takes swipe at Gunners
Former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida has claimed he didn t fit in at the Emirates.The 20-year-old Spaniard, who came through the youth system at Barcelona, has returned to his homeland with boyhood club Atletico Madrid after just six league outings in
Former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida has claimed he didn't "fit in" at the Emirates.
The 20-year-old Spaniard, who came through the youth system at Barcelona, has returned to his homeland with boyhood club Atletico Madrid after just six league outings in north London.
His last goal came in a substitute appearance during the 2-0 win at Bolton in January.
He told AS: "I'm an Atletico fan and I feel enormously proud to be here.
You may also want to watch:
"Atletico are a big club and so are Arsenal, but there were some circumstances there, particularly on the sporting side, which I wasn't happy with and I couldn't fit in.
"I made (Arsene) Wenger aware of that and as soon as I knew Atletico were interested, I didn't think twice.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 4 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 5 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash