Ex-Arsenal midfielder takes swipe at Gunners
Former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida has claimed he didn t fit in at the Emirates.The 20-year-old Spaniard, who came through the youth system at Barcelona, has returned to his homeland with boyhood club Atletico Madrid after just six league outings in
Former Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida has claimed he didn't "fit in" at the Emirates.
The 20-year-old Spaniard, who came through the youth system at Barcelona, has returned to his homeland with boyhood club Atletico Madrid after just six league outings in north London.
His last goal came in a substitute appearance during the 2-0 win at Bolton in January.
He told AS: "I'm an Atletico fan and I feel enormously proud to be here.
You may also want to watch:
"Atletico are a big club and so are Arsenal, but there were some circumstances there, particularly on the sporting side, which I wasn't happy with and I couldn't fit in.
"I made (Arsene) Wenger aware of that and as soon as I knew Atletico were interested, I didn't think twice.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill