Every Londoner will pay a price for the New Labour betrayal
Every Londoner is going to pay a price after the May 1 elections. New Labour betraying its roots has a lot to answer for. People s disillusionment helped lead to the election of Mad Boris as mayor and a BNP member to the London assembly. We are all going
Every Londoner is going to pay a price after the May 1 elections. New Labour betraying its roots has a lot to answer for. People's disillusionment helped lead to the election of Mad Boris as mayor and a BNP member to the London assembly. We are all going to suffer.
Our election campaign told a different story. People fighting back in the tenants movement, in the trades unions and in the community aren't looking for scapegoats. They are looking for someone to put forward the politics of hope, which none of the main stream parties is doing.
People were enthusiastic about the Left List campaign because they want policies that say society can be different, and strategies that argue that ordinary people can stand together and fight for change.
Although our 2,000 votes in this area were small as percentages, we know many of the people who were voting for an alternative and they represent those campaigning for change in Camden. We are proud to have stood together, because we believe our different communities have to fight together for a future for all of us.
You may also want to watch:
There is life after Boris and we won't stop fighting now the election is over. That means continuing the campaigns to defend our services and taking on whatever Boris may throw at us, as well as making sure the BNP are not allowed to promote their facist views.
It also means continuing with the project of building a new political home for the huge numbers of people who have been disenfranchised by New Labour and who do not want to see a move to the right.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Dave Hoefling & Mukul Hira
Left List candidates for London Assembly
Chalton Street, NW1