Esther booted off camp in I'm a Celebrity
Hampstead's Esther Rantzen has left the jungle after losing out in the public vote on I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here. The 68-year-old veteran television presenter – famous for That s Life – was the fifth person to leave the show live on air last night
Hampstead's Esther Rantzen has left the jungle after losing out in the public vote on I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here.
The 68-year-old veteran television presenter - famous for That's Life - was the fifth person to leave the show live on air last night.
Ms Rantzen was a popular contestant and forged bonds with many of the other celebrities including WAG Carly Zucker and former EastEnders actor Joe Swash.
Ms Rantzen's departure from camp followed that of children's presenter Timmy Mallett in a shock double eviction.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I'm feeling very sorry to leave because they are such lovely people and the whole environment is so gorgeous. But I think it's the right moment."
She said the experience was more physically challenging than she expected and much dirtier.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
"It made you very vulnerable emotionally because you were cut off from all the distractions of everyday life. I found my emotions very raw," she said.
Joe Swash, 26, is favourite to win the show which concludes on Friday.