Esther booted off camp in I'm a Celebrity
Hampstead's Esther Rantzen has left the jungle after losing out in the public vote on I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here. The 68-year-old veteran television presenter – famous for That s Life – was the fifth person to leave the show live on air last night
Hampstead's Esther Rantzen has left the jungle after losing out in the public vote on I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here.
The 68-year-old veteran television presenter - famous for That's Life - was the fifth person to leave the show live on air last night.
Ms Rantzen was a popular contestant and forged bonds with many of the other celebrities including WAG Carly Zucker and former EastEnders actor Joe Swash.
Ms Rantzen's departure from camp followed that of children's presenter Timmy Mallett in a shock double eviction.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I'm feeling very sorry to leave because they are such lovely people and the whole environment is so gorgeous. But I think it's the right moment."
She said the experience was more physically challenging than she expected and much dirtier.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Letters: The floods!
"It made you very vulnerable emotionally because you were cut off from all the distractions of everyday life. I found my emotions very raw," she said.
Joe Swash, 26, is favourite to win the show which concludes on Friday.