Esther booted off camp in I'm a Celebrity
Hampstead's Esther Rantzen has left the jungle after losing out in the public vote on I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here. The 68-year-old veteran television presenter – famous for That s Life – was the fifth person to leave the show live on air last night
Hampstead's Esther Rantzen has left the jungle after losing out in the public vote on I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here.
The 68-year-old veteran television presenter - famous for That's Life - was the fifth person to leave the show live on air last night.
Ms Rantzen was a popular contestant and forged bonds with many of the other celebrities including WAG Carly Zucker and former EastEnders actor Joe Swash.
Ms Rantzen's departure from camp followed that of children's presenter Timmy Mallett in a shock double eviction.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I'm feeling very sorry to leave because they are such lovely people and the whole environment is so gorgeous. But I think it's the right moment."
She said the experience was more physically challenging than she expected and much dirtier.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
"It made you very vulnerable emotionally because you were cut off from all the distractions of everyday life. I found my emotions very raw," she said.
Joe Swash, 26, is favourite to win the show which concludes on Friday.