Esther booted off camp in I'm a Celebrity
Hampstead's Esther Rantzen has left the jungle after losing out in the public vote on I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here. The 68-year-old veteran television presenter – famous for That s Life – was the fifth person to leave the show live on air last night
Hampstead's Esther Rantzen has left the jungle after losing out in the public vote on I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here.
The 68-year-old veteran television presenter - famous for That's Life - was the fifth person to leave the show live on air last night.
Ms Rantzen was a popular contestant and forged bonds with many of the other celebrities including WAG Carly Zucker and former EastEnders actor Joe Swash.
Ms Rantzen's departure from camp followed that of children's presenter Timmy Mallett in a shock double eviction.
She said: "I'm feeling very sorry to leave because they are such lovely people and the whole environment is so gorgeous. But I think it's the right moment."
She said the experience was more physically challenging than she expected and much dirtier.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 3 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 4 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 6 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 7 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 8 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 O2 Centre development: MP Tulip Siddiq 'concerned' by plans
"It made you very vulnerable emotionally because you were cut off from all the distractions of everyday life. I found my emotions very raw," she said.
Joe Swash, 26, is favourite to win the show which concludes on Friday.