English teacher spots Northern Line spelling error
- Credit: Archant
An eagle-eyed English teacher has spotted a spelling mistake on a Northern Line Tube sign.
Amy Gray was at Archway underground station when she noticed the error and posted a picture of the sign to Twitter.
The observant passenger noticed that the second ‘c’ was missing from Crescent and tweeted: “That’s some interesting spelling at Archway.”
Former English Teacher Ms Gray was the Conservative candidate for Hackney North and Stoke Newington in the 2015 general election, but missed out on the seat which was held by Labour’s Diane Abbott.
She is now a school governor and speaks on her website of being: “Shocked by the low standards of literacy that I saw as a teacher.”
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London now say they are aware of the sign and are looking into the situation.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 5 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 8 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Finchley welterweight Florian Markun has opportunity to stamp his mark