English teacher spots Northern Line spelling error
- Credit: Archant
An eagle-eyed English teacher has spotted a spelling mistake on a Northern Line Tube sign.
Amy Gray was at Archway underground station when she noticed the error and posted a picture of the sign to Twitter.
The observant passenger noticed that the second ‘c’ was missing from Crescent and tweeted: “That’s some interesting spelling at Archway.”
Former English Teacher Ms Gray was the Conservative candidate for Hackney North and Stoke Newington in the 2015 general election, but missed out on the seat which was held by Labour’s Diane Abbott.
She is now a school governor and speaks on her website of being: “Shocked by the low standards of literacy that I saw as a teacher.”
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London now say they are aware of the sign and are looking into the situation.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 4 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 5 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 6 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
- 10 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council