English teacher spots Northern Line spelling error
- Credit: Archant
An eagle-eyed English teacher has spotted a spelling mistake on a Northern Line Tube sign.
Amy Gray was at Archway underground station when she noticed the error and posted a picture of the sign to Twitter.
The observant passenger noticed that the second ‘c’ was missing from Crescent and tweeted: “That’s some interesting spelling at Archway.”
Former English Teacher Ms Gray was the Conservative candidate for Hackney North and Stoke Newington in the 2015 general election, but missed out on the seat which was held by Labour’s Diane Abbott.
She is now a school governor and speaks on her website of being: “Shocked by the low standards of literacy that I saw as a teacher.”
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London now say they are aware of the sign and are looking into the situation.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden