English teacher spots Northern Line spelling error
- Credit: Archant
An eagle-eyed English teacher has spotted a spelling mistake on a Northern Line Tube sign.
Amy Gray was at Archway underground station when she noticed the error and posted a picture of the sign to Twitter.
The observant passenger noticed that the second ‘c’ was missing from Crescent and tweeted: “That’s some interesting spelling at Archway.”
Former English Teacher Ms Gray was the Conservative candidate for Hackney North and Stoke Newington in the 2015 general election, but missed out on the seat which was held by Labour’s Diane Abbott.
She is now a school governor and speaks on her website of being: “Shocked by the low standards of literacy that I saw as a teacher.”
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London now say they are aware of the sign and are looking into the situation.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's