How many England footballers has your borough produced since 1966?
- Credit: PA
The number of England national team footballers produced by each London borough has been revealed, ahead of Euro 2020 kicking off next week.
A new study looked at the birthplace of each player selected to represent the Three Lions at a European Championship or World Cup since 1966.
Eight players hailing from Havering have been called up, seven from Tower Hamlets and four from Westminster, the research found.
Three players from Redbridge have pulled on the England shirt at international tournaments, along with two each from the boroughs of Hackney and Brent, according to the study by online betting review site Bookmakers.tv.
Another 54 players came from other London boroughs.
You may also want to watch:
England’s squad for Euro 2020 this summer includes Chelsea right-back Reece James, who was born in Ilford.
His England teammate and Manchester City attacker Raheem Sterling, born in Kingston, Jamaica, grew up in Brent.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 3 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 9 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101