Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has died following a stabbing in the Elthorne Estate, Archway.
Police were called to Holland Walk, Islington, on Monday, January 25, at around 5.30pm to a report of a stabbing.
Officers attended with London Ambulance Service and the air ambulance, and found a teenage boy suffering from a stab injury.
Despite efforts to save him by emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
His next of kin has been informed and is being supported by specialist officers.
One male has been arrested on suspicion of affray.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
Police say there will be an increased presence in the area and are appealing for information
Following the incident, a Section 60, granting police additional stop and search powers, was authorised for the whole of Islington, to be in place from 7pm until 7am.
Anyone who witnessed the initial assault or who knows anything about what happened is urged to call 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 4987/25JAN.