Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has died following a stabbing in the Elthorne Estate, Archway.
Police were called to Holland Walk, Islington, on Monday, January 25, at around 5.30pm to a report of a stabbing.
Officers attended with London Ambulance Service and the air ambulance, and found a teenage boy suffering from a stab injury.
Despite efforts to save him by emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
His next of kin has been informed and is being supported by specialist officers.
One male has been arrested on suspicion of affray.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
Police say there will be an increased presence in the area and are appealing for information
Following the incident, a Section 60, granting police additional stop and search powers, was authorised for the whole of Islington, to be in place from 7pm until 7am.
Anyone who witnessed the initial assault or who knows anything about what happened is urged to call 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 4987/25JAN.