Electric Ballroom needs you to fight its public enemy in survival clash
THE owner of an iconic Camden Town concert venue facing demolition is urging music lovers to fight the power threatening its future. The Electric Ballroom, which has hosted Public Enemy, The Clash and U2 among others, will be torn down if London Undergrou
THE owner of an iconic Camden Town concert venue facing demolition is urging music lovers to fight the power threatening its future.
The Electric Ballroom, which has hosted Public Enemy, The Clash and U2 among others, will be torn down if London Underground plans to redevelop Camden Town tube station go ahead.
Owner Karen Fuller said: "We have just refurbished the Ballroom, investing a large sum of money in upgrading the venue. We will be improving the facade and exterior of the building in the new year.
"Transport for London's ideas for the site would change the nature of the heart of Camden Town and actually reduce the number of people coming to the area."
You may also want to watch:
LU wants to demolish the club, Buck Street Market and the other buildings in the triangle to the north of the station and replace them with a shopping centre and flats.
A similar scheme was defeated in 2005 and people have until February 15 to respond to the council on the latest proposal. Responses should be sent to David Morrissey, Forward Planning and Projects, LB Camden, Argyle Street, WC1H 8EQ.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND