Election results: Hampstead Town turned blue as Lib Dem Linda Chung loses seat
- Credit: Archant
The Conservatives have swept the board in Hampstead Town at Camden Council’s local elections, causing a major upset for the Liberal Democrats.
Lib Dem Linda Chung has lost her seat on the council by one of the closest margins yet, missing out by 124.
Her loss follows a pattern across the borough, with the Lib Dems losing several significant seats, including that of their leader Keith Moffitt who fell foul of a complete switch to Labour in West Hampstead.
Conservative Simon Marcus retained his seat, winning the most votes with 1,465, and will be joined by Tory newcomers Stephen Stark, who took 1,380, and Tom Currie, with 1,272.
Conservative Stephen Knight stood down before the election.
You may also want to watch:
Full results for Hampstead Town:
Rachael Agnew - Labour Party - 726
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
Robert Carruthers - Liberal Democrats - 542
Linda Chung - Liberal Democrats - 1148
Tom Currie - Conservative Party - 1272
Sophie Dix - The Green Party - 512
Maisie King - The Green Party - 365
Simon Marcus - Conservative Party - 1465
James Newsome - Liberal Democrats - 575
Maddy Raman - Labour Party - 711
Luca Salice - Labour Party - 609
Stephen Stark - Conservative Party - 1380
Prashant Bhaskar Vaze - The Green Party - 288