Elderly woman hit by 12 tonne truck in Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has sustained serious injuries after being hit by a 12 tonne truck in Finchley Road.
The woman - thought to be in her 70s - is being treated by paramedics in the middle of the road (northbound) close to the Waitrose store.
Witnesses described seeing her leg and arm “run over” by the heavy goods vehicle at about 12:40pm today.
One witness, a teacher, said: “I think she thought the truck had stopped so tried to cross the road but it drove off again.
“She just walked in front of it and the lorry ran over her leg and arm.
You may also want to watch:
“The truck wasn’t going fast but it looked very serious.”
The driver of the truck, who did not want to be named, said: “I’m shaking life a leaf.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
- 10 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
“I didn’t see her - she was in my blind spot.
“Next thing I know someone’s banging on the side of the truck.
“I just hope she’s okay. She seems to be talking and conscious.”
The road (northbound) is currently closed to traffic..