Elderly woman hit by 12 tonne truck in Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has sustained serious injuries after being hit by a 12 tonne truck in Finchley Road.
The woman - thought to be in her 70s - is being treated by paramedics in the middle of the road (northbound) close to the Waitrose store.
Witnesses described seeing her leg and arm “run over” by the heavy goods vehicle at about 12:40pm today.
One witness, a teacher, said: “I think she thought the truck had stopped so tried to cross the road but it drove off again.
“She just walked in front of it and the lorry ran over her leg and arm.
You may also want to watch:
“The truck wasn’t going fast but it looked very serious.”
The driver of the truck, who did not want to be named, said: “I’m shaking life a leaf.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
“I didn’t see her - she was in my blind spot.
“Next thing I know someone’s banging on the side of the truck.
“I just hope she’s okay. She seems to be talking and conscious.”
The road (northbound) is currently closed to traffic..