Elderly woman hit by 12 tonne truck in Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
An elderly woman has sustained serious injuries after being hit by a 12 tonne truck in Finchley Road.
The woman - thought to be in her 70s - is being treated by paramedics in the middle of the road (northbound) close to the Waitrose store.
Witnesses described seeing her leg and arm “run over” by the heavy goods vehicle at about 12:40pm today.
One witness, a teacher, said: “I think she thought the truck had stopped so tried to cross the road but it drove off again.
“She just walked in front of it and the lorry ran over her leg and arm.
You may also want to watch:
“The truck wasn’t going fast but it looked very serious.”
The driver of the truck, who did not want to be named, said: “I’m shaking life a leaf.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
“I didn’t see her - she was in my blind spot.
“Next thing I know someone’s banging on the side of the truck.
“I just hope she’s okay. She seems to be talking and conscious.”
The road (northbound) is currently closed to traffic..