Elderly woman fell between carriages at Swiss Cottage Tube station
A 64-year-old woman fell onto the tracks at Swiss Cottage Tube station as a train pulled into the platform on Wednesday.
The London Air Ambulance landed behind Hampstead Theatre as emergency services sped to the scene.
The woman is believed to have fallen between two carriages as a Jubilee line train approached the platform.
A tearful and shaken Lizzie Delaney, who was on her way to work from her home in Willesden, said: “I was standing behind her and I don’t know if she jumped or fell, but she got stuck between two carriages – it was awful to watch.”
Fire engines, British Transport Police and ambulance crews all descended on the station in Avenue Road at 9.05am.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
A spokeswoman from London Ambulance Service said the woman had not been hit by the train.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 7 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
The line was reopened after 9.30am.