Elderly woman fell between carriages at Swiss Cottage Tube station
A 64-year-old woman fell onto the tracks at Swiss Cottage Tube station as a train pulled into the platform on Wednesday.
The London Air Ambulance landed behind Hampstead Theatre as emergency services sped to the scene.
The woman is believed to have fallen between two carriages as a Jubilee line train approached the platform.
A tearful and shaken Lizzie Delaney, who was on her way to work from her home in Willesden, said: “I was standing behind her and I don’t know if she jumped or fell, but she got stuck between two carriages – it was awful to watch.”
Fire engines, British Transport Police and ambulance crews all descended on the station in Avenue Road at 9.05am.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
A spokeswoman from London Ambulance Service said the woman had not been hit by the train.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 6 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 7 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 8 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 9 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 10 Sabrina Francis made Camden's first Black woman mayor
The line was reopened after 9.30am.