Elderly woman fell between carriages at Swiss Cottage Tube station
A 64-year-old woman fell onto the tracks at Swiss Cottage Tube station as a train pulled into the platform on Wednesday.
The London Air Ambulance landed behind Hampstead Theatre as emergency services sped to the scene.
The woman is believed to have fallen between two carriages as a Jubilee line train approached the platform.
A tearful and shaken Lizzie Delaney, who was on her way to work from her home in Willesden, said: “I was standing behind her and I don’t know if she jumped or fell, but she got stuck between two carriages – it was awful to watch.”
Fire engines, British Transport Police and ambulance crews all descended on the station in Avenue Road at 9.05am.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was taken to hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
A spokeswoman from London Ambulance Service said the woman had not been hit by the train.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
The line was reopened after 9.30am.