Elderly man found dead in Hampstead house fire is named
- Credit: sub
An elderly man who died in a fire at his house in Hampstead has been named as John Sands.
71-year-old Mr Sands lived on Parkhill Walk in Hampstead.
His body was found at his home on Tuesday (May 7) following a fire that broke out that evening,
Fire crews were called to the scene just after 8.30pm and the fire was under control by 9pm.
The fire damaged a large part of the ground floor of his house in Parkhill Walk.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest into his death is due to be opened at St Pancras Coroner’s Court today (May 15).
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 5 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 6 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 7 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 8 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 9 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 10 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?