Elderly man found dead in Hampstead house fire is named
- Credit: sub
An elderly man who died in a fire at his house in Hampstead has been named as John Sands.
71-year-old Mr Sands lived on Parkhill Walk in Hampstead.
His body was found at his home on Tuesday (May 7) following a fire that broke out that evening,
Fire crews were called to the scene just after 8.30pm and the fire was under control by 9pm.
The fire damaged a large part of the ground floor of his house in Parkhill Walk.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest into his death is due to be opened at St Pancras Coroner’s Court today (May 15).
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?