Elderly man found dead in Hampstead house fire is named
- Credit: sub
An elderly man who died in a fire at his house in Hampstead has been named as John Sands.
71-year-old Mr Sands lived on Parkhill Walk in Hampstead.
His body was found at his home on Tuesday (May 7) following a fire that broke out that evening,
Fire crews were called to the scene just after 8.30pm and the fire was under control by 9pm.
The fire damaged a large part of the ground floor of his house in Parkhill Walk.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest into his death is due to be opened at St Pancras Coroner’s Court today (May 15).
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 8 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m