Elderly man dies after three cars collide in Muswell Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s died and one woman is seriously injured after a major road traffic accident on Colney Hatch Lane
A black Ford Fiesta broke down and was assisted by another motorist in a red Hyundai Getz.
A third car, a black VW Passatt, collided with the Hyundai, which in turn hit the Fiesta, police believe.
Police were called to the A406 at the Colney Hatch Lane junction on Wednesday morning.
London Ambulance Service was also called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification has not yet taken place.
A post-mortem examination will take place today.
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 6 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
A woman was taken to a north London hospital. Her condition is serious but stable.
The driver of the VW Passatt has been arrested for causing death by dangerous driving and serious injury by dangerous driving. She is currently held at a north London police station.
Any witnesses are requested to call the north Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0208 991 9555.