Elderly man dies after three cars collide in Muswell Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s died and one woman is seriously injured after a major road traffic accident on Colney Hatch Lane
A black Ford Fiesta broke down and was assisted by another motorist in a red Hyundai Getz.
A third car, a black VW Passatt, collided with the Hyundai, which in turn hit the Fiesta, police believe.
Police were called to the A406 at the Colney Hatch Lane junction on Wednesday morning.
London Ambulance Service was also called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification has not yet taken place.
A post-mortem examination will take place today.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 6 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 7 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
A woman was taken to a north London hospital. Her condition is serious but stable.
The driver of the VW Passatt has been arrested for causing death by dangerous driving and serious injury by dangerous driving. She is currently held at a north London police station.
Any witnesses are requested to call the north Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0208 991 9555.