Elderly man dies after three cars collide in Muswell Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s died and one woman is seriously injured after a major road traffic accident on Colney Hatch Lane
A black Ford Fiesta broke down and was assisted by another motorist in a red Hyundai Getz.
A third car, a black VW Passatt, collided with the Hyundai, which in turn hit the Fiesta, police believe.
Police were called to the A406 at the Colney Hatch Lane junction on Wednesday morning.
London Ambulance Service was also called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification has not yet taken place.
A post-mortem examination will take place today.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 9 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 10 Home of the Week: Refurbished three storey, five bedroom family home for sale in Finchley
A woman was taken to a north London hospital. Her condition is serious but stable.
The driver of the VW Passatt has been arrested for causing death by dangerous driving and serious injury by dangerous driving. She is currently held at a north London police station.
Any witnesses are requested to call the north Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0208 991 9555.