Elderly man dies after three cars collide in Muswell Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s died and one woman is seriously injured after a major road traffic accident on Colney Hatch Lane
A black Ford Fiesta broke down and was assisted by another motorist in a red Hyundai Getz.
A third car, a black VW Passatt, collided with the Hyundai, which in turn hit the Fiesta, police believe.
Police were called to the A406 at the Colney Hatch Lane junction on Wednesday morning.
London Ambulance Service was also called to the scene.
Formal identification has not yet taken place.
A post-mortem examination will take place today.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 6 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 9 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 10 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
A woman was taken to a north London hospital. Her condition is serious but stable.
The driver of the VW Passatt has been arrested for causing death by dangerous driving and serious injury by dangerous driving. She is currently held at a north London police station.
Any witnesses are requested to call the north Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0208 991 9555.