Elderly couple hit by lorry in Muswell Hill
AN elderly husband and wife were hit by an articulated lorry in Muswell Hill this morning at around 9.25am.
The couple were walking along Colney Hatch Lane near the junction with Sutton Road looking for a place to cross.
They stepped off into the road by a lorry, which was in slow moving traffic. The man, 79, was knocked aside and the woman, in her mid 70s, was dragged along 20ft underneath the truck.
Firefighters were called and they cut the woman from underneath the back of the lorry using specialist equipment.
Three ambulances attended and the man, who suffered injuries to his arms and legs, was rushed by ambulance to St Mary’s Hospital as a priority.
You may also want to watch:
The woman, who suffered pelvic, leg, arm and facial injures was also rushed by blue light ambulance to the Royal London Hospital where she is being treated.
Colney Hatch Lane was closed in both directions until 1.05pm. The lorry driver was not arrested and police are still investigating.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
Anyone with any information should call Barnet Police on 0300 123 1212.