Elderly couple hit by lorry in Muswell Hill
AN elderly husband and wife were hit by an articulated lorry in Muswell Hill this morning at around 9.25am.
The couple were walking along Colney Hatch Lane near the junction with Sutton Road looking for a place to cross.
They stepped off into the road by a lorry, which was in slow moving traffic. The man, 79, was knocked aside and the woman, in her mid 70s, was dragged along 20ft underneath the truck.
Firefighters were called and they cut the woman from underneath the back of the lorry using specialist equipment.
Three ambulances attended and the man, who suffered injuries to his arms and legs, was rushed by ambulance to St Mary’s Hospital as a priority.
The woman, who suffered pelvic, leg, arm and facial injures was also rushed by blue light ambulance to the Royal London Hospital where she is being treated.
Colney Hatch Lane was closed in both directions until 1.05pm. The lorry driver was not arrested and police are still investigating.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 5 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 6 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 7 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 'The state of Transport for London’s finances – or lack of them'
- 10 Highgate neighbours say they are 'not listened to' by care home owner
Anyone with any information should call Barnet Police on 0300 123 1212.