Elderly couple hit by lorry in Muswell Hill
AN elderly husband and wife were hit by an articulated lorry in Muswell Hill this morning at around 9.25am.
The couple were walking along Colney Hatch Lane near the junction with Sutton Road looking for a place to cross.
They stepped off into the road by a lorry, which was in slow moving traffic. The man, 79, was knocked aside and the woman, in her mid 70s, was dragged along 20ft underneath the truck.
Firefighters were called and they cut the woman from underneath the back of the lorry using specialist equipment.
Three ambulances attended and the man, who suffered injuries to his arms and legs, was rushed by ambulance to St Mary’s Hospital as a priority.
You may also want to watch:
The woman, who suffered pelvic, leg, arm and facial injures was also rushed by blue light ambulance to the Royal London Hospital where she is being treated.
Colney Hatch Lane was closed in both directions until 1.05pm. The lorry driver was not arrested and police are still investigating.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 3 Arsenal held by Aston Villa on final day of WSL season
- 4 Belsize cameraman remembers Jim Henson and The Muppet Show
- 5 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 Graham goal gives Tottenham win at Birmingham in WSL finale
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
Anyone with any information should call Barnet Police on 0300 123 1212.