Elderly couple hit by lorry in Muswell Hill
AN elderly husband and wife were hit by an articulated lorry in Muswell Hill this morning at around 9.25am.
The couple were walking along Colney Hatch Lane near the junction with Sutton Road looking for a place to cross.
They stepped off into the road by a lorry, which was in slow moving traffic. The man, 79, was knocked aside and the woman, in her mid 70s, was dragged along 20ft underneath the truck.
Firefighters were called and they cut the woman from underneath the back of the lorry using specialist equipment.
Three ambulances attended and the man, who suffered injuries to his arms and legs, was rushed by ambulance to St Mary’s Hospital as a priority.
The woman, who suffered pelvic, leg, arm and facial injures was also rushed by blue light ambulance to the Royal London Hospital where she is being treated.
Colney Hatch Lane was closed in both directions until 1.05pm. The lorry driver was not arrested and police are still investigating.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 4 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
- 5 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 6 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 7 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 8 Start-up delivers home cooked meals to your door
- 9 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 10 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
Anyone with any information should call Barnet Police on 0300 123 1212.