Egging on shoppers to stay local this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Traders and residents in Hampstead are encouraging people to shell out on local produce this Easter weekend.
They have created two giant Easter Eggs which are on display in Hampstead and Belsize Park to encourage visitors to the High street to support local traders.
The Eggs, one in Flask Walk and one in Haverstock Hill, were created by Hampstead School of Arts as part of the “Shop Indies this Spring” campaign.
Painter Malcolms Willett created the Belsize egg and the Flask Walk egg made of feathers is by his artist daughter Lissy Willett.
Members of the Hampstead and Belsize Town teams are running a competition.
They are encouraging people to take a “Selfie” alongside the eggs and upload them to social media with the hashtag #Hampstead or #Belsize Park.
The best selfie will get a bottle of Moet et Chandon champagne and an Easter picnic basket.
- 1 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 2 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 5 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
Town team chairman Jessica Learmond-Criqui, said: “Get snapping and support out local traders. Our high streets are facing a crisis and this is a great fun way to show our support”