Egging on shoppers to stay local this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Traders and residents in Hampstead are encouraging people to shell out on local produce this Easter weekend.
They have created two giant Easter Eggs which are on display in Hampstead and Belsize Park to encourage visitors to the High street to support local traders.
The Eggs, one in Flask Walk and one in Haverstock Hill, were created by Hampstead School of Arts as part of the “Shop Indies this Spring” campaign.
Painter Malcolms Willett created the Belsize egg and the Flask Walk egg made of feathers is by his artist daughter Lissy Willett.
Members of the Hampstead and Belsize Town teams are running a competition.
You may also want to watch:
They are encouraging people to take a “Selfie” alongside the eggs and upload them to social media with the hashtag #Hampstead or #Belsize Park.
The best selfie will get a bottle of Moet et Chandon champagne and an Easter picnic basket.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
Town team chairman Jessica Learmond-Criqui, said: “Get snapping and support out local traders. Our high streets are facing a crisis and this is a great fun way to show our support”