Young Camden musical prodigies win sought after scholarships from Mayor of London
- Credit: Archant
Two young musical prodigies from Camden have won highly sought after four-year scholarships from the Mayor of London’s Music Fund to help develop their skills as musicians.
Euphonium player Pitta Lomodong, of St Mary and St Pancras School, Somers Town and violinist Francis Arthur Masubay, of Our Lady’s Catholic Primary School, Camden Town, will be given an extensive programme of music tuition and support after benefitting from the scheme.
The fund was set up to help talented children from disadvantaged families fulfil their musical potential and, as Mayor’s Music Scholars, the 10-year-olds will benefit from two hours of learning and activities every week.
They will also have the opportunity to perform and attend concerts and live gigs and both will have a personal mentor who will act as a link with their parents, school and teacher.
Pitta and Francis, who are both members of Camden Music Service, were among 70 young Londoners awarded scholarships presented by child prodigy clarinettist Julian Bliss at a City Hall ceremony on Friday, September 27
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: “Not every child can afford an instrument or the lessons they need to make real progress as musicians and the fund is doing vital work to help hundreds of gifted youngsters towards realising their ambitions and achieving their full potential.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 10 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets