A-level results day 2019: UCS Hampstead’s head pays tribute to ‘hard work and bonhomie’ of pupils
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 60 per cent of pupils at UCS Hampstead got at least three A or A* grades, as the school in Frognal celebrates a set of bumper results.
Amongst them, eight bursary pupils received at least three A grades each, and will go on to study courses including maths, English and physics at Durham, Edinburgh and Bath.
The head girl, Mayi Hughes, has been awarded a scholarship to study at Harvard, turning down an offer at Princeton. She is among nine pupils crossing "the pond" to study in America.
She said: "The help UCS gave me with my application was excellent. They assigned me a counsellor and having one-to-one sessions ensured my application was as strong as it could be. I was [consequently] offered places at both Harvard and Princeton."
In total 17 pupils got four A* grades. 75 per cent of the exams taken at UCS were graded as an A or A*. 93pc were either A*, A or B. They are the second best haul in the Gower's history.
You may also want to watch:
Headmaster, Mark Beard said: "These superb achievements reflect the hard work and bonhomie fostered by this year group. It shows what can happen when pupils, staff and parents all pull together."
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 5 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 6 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 10 North London teenager sets sights on professional cricket