UCS Hampstead bursary students singled out for praise on A-level results day
- Credit: Archant
UCS Hampstead bursary students have been singled out for praise on the day the school received its second best A-level results ever.
Sixth formers on bursaries at the independent school received “extremely successful” results, gaining places at universities including Oxford and Imperial College, London. Three of the pupils who received 100per cent bursaries collected seven A* and three A grades between them.
Overall 31pc of exams were graded at A* and 70pc graded at A* or A, with 64 students achieving nothing below an A grade.
There were also 14 pupils who achieved A* grades – or the Pre-U equivalent – in all of their subjects.
This year a larger number are heading to universities overseas including MIT, UPenn and Columbia in the United Sates of America and McGill in Canada.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Mark Beard said: “Along with the rest of the nation, this year group were very aware that they would be the first to discover the consequences of all their subjects (except maths) being examined at the end of linear, two year courses.
“They were at it from the very start and worked extremely hard to assimilate the content and thence how to apply it. Huge congratulations to them and their teachers are therefore in order.”
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 6 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 7 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 8 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 9 Parliament Hill Lido Café on 'heartwarming' business life in Hampstead Heath
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside Hornsey block