UCS Hampstead bursary students singled out for praise on A-level results day
- Credit: Archant
UCS Hampstead bursary students have been singled out for praise on the day the school received its second best A-level results ever.
Sixth formers on bursaries at the independent school received “extremely successful” results, gaining places at universities including Oxford and Imperial College, London. Three of the pupils who received 100per cent bursaries collected seven A* and three A grades between them.
Overall 31pc of exams were graded at A* and 70pc graded at A* or A, with 64 students achieving nothing below an A grade.
There were also 14 pupils who achieved A* grades – or the Pre-U equivalent – in all of their subjects.
This year a larger number are heading to universities overseas including MIT, UPenn and Columbia in the United Sates of America and McGill in Canada.
Headteacher Mark Beard said: “Along with the rest of the nation, this year group were very aware that they would be the first to discover the consequences of all their subjects (except maths) being examined at the end of linear, two year courses.
“They were at it from the very start and worked extremely hard to assimilate the content and thence how to apply it. Huge congratulations to them and their teachers are therefore in order.”
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 9 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 10 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised