Tufnell Park school scores top marks from Ofsted
Pupils and teachers at a Tufnell Park primary school are celebrating a double victory after receiving top marks from Ofsted inspectors - in the same week they became the first Camden school to get a Green Flag for environmental awareness.
Inspectors singled out the leadership of teachers and governors at Eleanor Palmer Primary School in Lupton Street, Tufnell Park, for praise along with “excellent” early years learning.
Kate Frood, headteacher, said: “What a week. We are delighted to be judged outstanding and to have Ofsted acknowledge our achievements.
“It is a testament to the dedication and hard work of everyone involved with our wonderful community school.
“The report highlights our strengths and that the continuous work by the governing body, teaching staff, pupils and parents is really paying off, giving our young people the highest level of guidance and education available.
You may also want to watch:
“Governors must take special credit for the Green Flag award, as they have driven so many of our environmental improvements.”
Cllr Larraine Revah, Camden’s cabinet member for children, schools and families, said: “This is a marvellous achievement by the school and something everyone should be rightly proud of.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
“To be recognised by Ofsted inspectors to be outstanding across all areas shows that Eleanor Palmer is a school that works tirelessly to give children the best start in life.”