Tufnell Park school scores top marks from Ofsted
Pupils and teachers at a Tufnell Park primary school are celebrating a double victory after receiving top marks from Ofsted inspectors - in the same week they became the first Camden school to get a Green Flag for environmental awareness.
Inspectors singled out the leadership of teachers and governors at Eleanor Palmer Primary School in Lupton Street, Tufnell Park, for praise along with “excellent” early years learning.
Kate Frood, headteacher, said: “What a week. We are delighted to be judged outstanding and to have Ofsted acknowledge our achievements.
“It is a testament to the dedication and hard work of everyone involved with our wonderful community school.
“The report highlights our strengths and that the continuous work by the governing body, teaching staff, pupils and parents is really paying off, giving our young people the highest level of guidance and education available.
You may also want to watch:
“Governors must take special credit for the Green Flag award, as they have driven so many of our environmental improvements.”
Cllr Larraine Revah, Camden’s cabinet member for children, schools and families, said: “This is a marvellous achievement by the school and something everyone should be rightly proud of.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
“To be recognised by Ofsted inspectors to be outstanding across all areas shows that Eleanor Palmer is a school that works tirelessly to give children the best start in life.”