Successful GCSE results day for Highgate School
- Credit: Archant
Students and staff at Highgate school were reflecting on a very impressive set of GCSE results today, with 88.2 percent of exams receiving a grade of A* or A.
In a stellar day for the school, 100% of the students received at least five A* to C grades, with 47 pupils scoring 10 A*s or more.
Twins Joel and Oliver Gottlieb received 11 A*’s a piece.
“I am delighted by the great results,” said headteacher Adam Pettit.
“Both the preparation and the exam season itself can be something of a long haul, so pupils do well to sustain concentration to perform at such a high level.”
You may also want to watch:
“I always tell our students that any exam can have a distorting effect on what they really need to know and understand, but it’s nonetheless clear that this generation has gone to town to make the best possible use of this demanding experience.”
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 10 'The flood took everything': Maida Vale family watched floods destroy home