St Mary’s School in Hampstead receives top inspection report
- Credit: Archant
An all-girls primary school is toasting its success after receiving a top inspection report from the independent schools watchdog.
St. Mary’s School, in Fitzjohn’s Avenue, Hampstead, is celebrating a report from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) which found it had excelled in all areas of assessment.
The school’s report is based on individual achievement and learning, quality of teaching, curricular and extra-curricular provision, spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness, as well as leadership and governance.
Five inspectors from the ISI visited the school over four days earlier this year.
As well as observing lessons, the inspectors conducted formal interviews with pupils and held discussions with staff, parents and governors and analysed responses to questionnaires sent to pupils and parents before compiling the report.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Angela Rawlinson said: “We are delighted that the hard work of our staff and the pupils has been recognised by the inspectorate.
“It is gratifying that the inspectors have said that the pupils demonstrate high levels of confidence and self esteem, backed by a supportive community that celebrates every child’s success.”
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos