St Mary’s School in Hampstead receives top inspection report
- Credit: Archant
An all-girls primary school is toasting its success after receiving a top inspection report from the independent schools watchdog.
St. Mary’s School, in Fitzjohn’s Avenue, Hampstead, is celebrating a report from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) which found it had excelled in all areas of assessment.
The school’s report is based on individual achievement and learning, quality of teaching, curricular and extra-curricular provision, spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness, as well as leadership and governance.
Five inspectors from the ISI visited the school over four days earlier this year.
As well as observing lessons, the inspectors conducted formal interviews with pupils and held discussions with staff, parents and governors and analysed responses to questionnaires sent to pupils and parents before compiling the report.
Headteacher Angela Rawlinson said: “We are delighted that the hard work of our staff and the pupils has been recognised by the inspectorate.
“It is gratifying that the inspectors have said that the pupils demonstrate high levels of confidence and self esteem, backed by a supportive community that celebrates every child’s success.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead