St Mary’s School in Hampstead receives top inspection report
- Credit: Archant
An all-girls primary school is toasting its success after receiving a top inspection report from the independent schools watchdog.
St. Mary’s School, in Fitzjohn’s Avenue, Hampstead, is celebrating a report from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) which found it had excelled in all areas of assessment.
The school’s report is based on individual achievement and learning, quality of teaching, curricular and extra-curricular provision, spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness, as well as leadership and governance.
Five inspectors from the ISI visited the school over four days earlier this year.
As well as observing lessons, the inspectors conducted formal interviews with pupils and held discussions with staff, parents and governors and analysed responses to questionnaires sent to pupils and parents before compiling the report.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Angela Rawlinson said: “We are delighted that the hard work of our staff and the pupils has been recognised by the inspectorate.
“It is gratifying that the inspectors have said that the pupils demonstrate high levels of confidence and self esteem, backed by a supportive community that celebrates every child’s success.”
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate