St Mary’s School in Hampstead receives top inspection report
- Credit: Archant
An all-girls primary school is toasting its success after receiving a top inspection report from the independent schools watchdog.
St. Mary’s School, in Fitzjohn’s Avenue, Hampstead, is celebrating a report from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) which found it had excelled in all areas of assessment.
The school’s report is based on individual achievement and learning, quality of teaching, curricular and extra-curricular provision, spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness, as well as leadership and governance.
Five inspectors from the ISI visited the school over four days earlier this year.
As well as observing lessons, the inspectors conducted formal interviews with pupils and held discussions with staff, parents and governors and analysed responses to questionnaires sent to pupils and parents before compiling the report.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Angela Rawlinson said: “We are delighted that the hard work of our staff and the pupils has been recognised by the inspectorate.
“It is gratifying that the inspectors have said that the pupils demonstrate high levels of confidence and self esteem, backed by a supportive community that celebrates every child’s success.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill