St Mary’s School in Hampstead receives top inspection report
- Credit: Archant
An all-girls primary school is toasting its success after receiving a top inspection report from the independent schools watchdog.
St. Mary’s School, in Fitzjohn’s Avenue, Hampstead, is celebrating a report from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) which found it had excelled in all areas of assessment.
The school’s report is based on individual achievement and learning, quality of teaching, curricular and extra-curricular provision, spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness, as well as leadership and governance.
Five inspectors from the ISI visited the school over four days earlier this year.
As well as observing lessons, the inspectors conducted formal interviews with pupils and held discussions with staff, parents and governors and analysed responses to questionnaires sent to pupils and parents before compiling the report.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Angela Rawlinson said: “We are delighted that the hard work of our staff and the pupils has been recognised by the inspectorate.
“It is gratifying that the inspectors have said that the pupils demonstrate high levels of confidence and self esteem, backed by a supportive community that celebrates every child’s success.”
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'