St Anthony’s School for Girls students enjoy action-packed Easter celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Students at St Anthony’s School for Girls had a cracking good time celebrating Easter at the end of the term.
The girls paraded around Golders Hill Park showcasing their hand-crafted bonnets to passers-by who were enjoying their spring walks.
Pupils with the best bonnet were selected and presented with a book about nature as their prize.
Sophia Fu was chosen in the Reception group for her incredible Easter bunny bonnet and the Year 3 winner was Romilly Burgess; her bonnet was a celebration of nature in the form of a nest.
The Reception class also joined the boys school to share in their Easter celebrations. The girls gave handmade Easter cards to the boys before having a go at creating bunny ear hats and making chocolate Easter nests.
You may also want to watch:
During the craft session the pupils created paper baskets which they decorated with brightly coloured Easter designs. They then went on an Easter egg hunt in the school gardens searching high and low for prizes of eggs, pom poms, feathers and buttons.
Headteacher Laura Martin said: “The girls had so much fun celebrating Easter, it was a great way to end the term. It was fantastic to join in with the boy’s school as we have such a great partnership.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
“The bonnets were incredible, it was hard to choose winners as all of the girls put so much effort in but, Romilly and Sophia’s were exceptional.”