South Hampstead High School headteacher resigns for ‘professional reasons’
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
The headteacher of a top Hampstead private school has resigned citing “professional reasons”.
Jenny Stephen will leave her position as headteacher of South Hampstead High School, in Maresfield Gardens, at the end of the academic year after eight years at the helm.
A statement, released by the exclusive all-girls school, said Mrs Stephen was leaving for “professional reasons,”.
It said: “Mrs Stephen hands over a school with very strong foundations. Since taking up the reigns eight years ago, she has taken the school from strength to strength.”
The Girls’ Day School Trust, which South Hampstead High School is part of, now begins the process of recruiting Mrs Stephen’s successor.
You may also want to watch:
In a letter to parents, Mrs Stephen said: “I have the greatest possible love and affection for South Hampstead High School, its girls and its staff.
“I have no doubt that the Girls’ Day School Trust will appoint someone who will build on the school’s success, someone with the vision and values to ensure South Hampstead girls continue to excel.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 7 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers