South Hampstead High School headteacher resigns for ‘professional reasons’
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
The headteacher of a top Hampstead private school has resigned citing “professional reasons”.
Jenny Stephen will leave her position as headteacher of South Hampstead High School, in Maresfield Gardens, at the end of the academic year after eight years at the helm.
A statement, released by the exclusive all-girls school, said Mrs Stephen was leaving for “professional reasons,”.
It said: “Mrs Stephen hands over a school with very strong foundations. Since taking up the reigns eight years ago, she has taken the school from strength to strength.”
The Girls’ Day School Trust, which South Hampstead High School is part of, now begins the process of recruiting Mrs Stephen’s successor.
You may also want to watch:
In a letter to parents, Mrs Stephen said: “I have the greatest possible love and affection for South Hampstead High School, its girls and its staff.
“I have no doubt that the Girls’ Day School Trust will appoint someone who will build on the school’s success, someone with the vision and values to ensure South Hampstead girls continue to excel.”
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale