South Hampstead High School headteacher resigns for ‘professional reasons’
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
The headteacher of a top Hampstead private school has resigned citing “professional reasons”.
Jenny Stephen will leave her position as headteacher of South Hampstead High School, in Maresfield Gardens, at the end of the academic year after eight years at the helm.
A statement, released by the exclusive all-girls school, said Mrs Stephen was leaving for “professional reasons,”.
It said: “Mrs Stephen hands over a school with very strong foundations. Since taking up the reigns eight years ago, she has taken the school from strength to strength.”
The Girls’ Day School Trust, which South Hampstead High School is part of, now begins the process of recruiting Mrs Stephen’s successor.
You may also want to watch:
In a letter to parents, Mrs Stephen said: “I have the greatest possible love and affection for South Hampstead High School, its girls and its staff.
“I have no doubt that the Girls’ Day School Trust will appoint someone who will build on the school’s success, someone with the vision and values to ensure South Hampstead girls continue to excel.”
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds