Social sciences wing dedicated to UCS Hampstead stalwart unveiled
- Credit: Archant
A newly-opened redesigned wing at University College School has been dedicated to a headmaster who spent 17 years at the helm in Hampstead.
The Kenneth Durham Social Sciences Centre, containing five “state-of-the-art” classrooms dedicated to the teaching of the subject, was opened by Vivienne Durham, Kenneth’s widow.
Kenneth passed away during the summer of 2016 following a lengthy battle with cancer.
Vivienne spoke emotionally about how touched Ken, initially a teacher of social sciences, would have been to have seen this development named after him.
“Ken loved everything about this school and he would have been truly honoured by this,” Vivienne said.
You may also want to watch:
A memorial bursary was also launched which is open to all students joining the sixth form who wish to study the social sciences, with donations made from across the UCS community.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead