Santa bend himself into shape in Muswell Hill
Santa sweated and stretched to prepare for his Christmas deliveries at a special yoga class raising money for an autism school last Saturday.
When Tom de Croz isn’t donning red robes and a hat, he teaches at TreeHouse School in Woodside Avenue, Muswell Hill, which is run by the charity Ambitious About Autism.
More than 25 people, aged five to 65, joined him to raise �100 at a Santa Cupcakes And Tea fundraiser at St John’s Parish Centre in Friern Barnet Road.
Organiser Cathy Underwood said yoga was suitable for all shapes and sizes – and even Father Christmas was surprisingly supple.
“Santa did some good backbends. It was a lot of fun.
“We had some musical postures to Christmas tunes and then we all tucked into some lovely cupcakes.”
Mrs Underwood, who runs Yoga4mums, teaches yoga at TreeHouse twice a week.
- 1 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 2 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 3 10 suspected north London drug dealers arrested in dawn raids
- 4 Remembering Katie: Ex-Ham&High reporter killed by carbon monoxide
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 7 Hampstead's Old White Bear to reopen before Christmas
- 8 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 9 How Covid could set back Antonio Conte's Spurs revival
- 10 Men wanted in connection with 'appalling' antisemitic incident on Oxford Street