Renowned pianist gives William Ellis School pupils a musical masterclass
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
An internationally-renowned classical pianist treated aspiring young musicians to a masterclass and recital last week.
Leeds International Piano Competition finalist Jayson Gillham held two workshops with youngsters and advanced solo pianists from three local schools.
He then performed a special recital for pupils, parents and teachers at William Ellis School in Highgate Road, near Parliament Hill Fields, on Thursday.
Student performers from La Sainte Union, Parliament Hill and William Ellis schools applied what they learned in the masterclasses by performing pieces for Mr Gillham at the evening concert.
The show culminated with Mr Gillham playing a classical repertoire of Scarlatti, Chopin and Debussy on the school’s Steinway grand piano.
You may also want to watch:
Head of music Guy Forbat said: “Students benefited from seeing a world class musician up close, as there’s no substitute for a live concert.”
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 8 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 9 Golders Green care home staff set for strike action