Real life pop art by former music star on show in Hampstead
A former popstar has put her iconic photographs of Kate Moss, David Bowie, Bjork and Vanessa Paradis on display at Zebra Gallery in Hampstead.
Kate Garner, who used to sing with wacky 1980s new-wave group Haysi Fantayzee, was at the private view opening at the gallery in Perrins Court on Saturday, November 19.
She was joined by singer Vera Bohl and there was live music from her husband, guitarist Emit Bloch.
After leaving pop Ms Garner has won acclaim for her photographs of scores of artists and actors including Sinead O’Connor, Cameron Diaz and the designer John Galliano.
Now she has branched out into textiles and has printed her celebrity portraits - including that of a long-legged scantily-clad Kate Moss - onto cushions.
You may also want to watch:
* Celeb spotters can buy the cushions and see the exhibition until Friday December 2.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 9 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52