Real life pop art by former music star on show in Hampstead
A former popstar has put her iconic photographs of Kate Moss, David Bowie, Bjork and Vanessa Paradis on display at Zebra Gallery in Hampstead.
Kate Garner, who used to sing with wacky 1980s new-wave group Haysi Fantayzee, was at the private view opening at the gallery in Perrins Court on Saturday, November 19.
She was joined by singer Vera Bohl and there was live music from her husband, guitarist Emit Bloch.
After leaving pop Ms Garner has won acclaim for her photographs of scores of artists and actors including Sinead O’Connor, Cameron Diaz and the designer John Galliano.
Now she has branched out into textiles and has printed her celebrity portraits - including that of a long-legged scantily-clad Kate Moss - onto cushions.
You may also want to watch:
* Celeb spotters can buy the cushions and see the exhibition until Friday December 2.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'