Real life pop art by former music star on show in Hampstead
A former popstar has put her iconic photographs of Kate Moss, David Bowie, Bjork and Vanessa Paradis on display at Zebra Gallery in Hampstead.
Kate Garner, who used to sing with wacky 1980s new-wave group Haysi Fantayzee, was at the private view opening at the gallery in Perrins Court on Saturday, November 19.
She was joined by singer Vera Bohl and there was live music from her husband, guitarist Emit Bloch.
After leaving pop Ms Garner has won acclaim for her photographs of scores of artists and actors including Sinead O’Connor, Cameron Diaz and the designer John Galliano.
Now she has branched out into textiles and has printed her celebrity portraits - including that of a long-legged scantily-clad Kate Moss - onto cushions.
You may also want to watch:
* Celeb spotters can buy the cushions and see the exhibition until Friday December 2.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader