Henrietta Barnett girl flies back from Hong Kong to get results with friends
- Credit: Harry Taylor
One Henrietta Barnett student nearly 6000 miles to get her GCSE results this morning, and was rewarded with 10 grade 9s.
Zoe Zhang has spent her summer in Hong Kong with family and flew back especially to get her results.
“I couldn’t sleep,” she said. “I was awake at 3.30am but I’m really happy.”
She got her results alongside friends Miranda Purchase, Lara Alli and Jodi Coffman, who all had similar top grades. While the school says they look to take pressure off the pupils, Miranda says their own ambition makes them work harder. “A lot of girls here put a lot of pressure on ourselves.”
Jodi said one of the best things about the school was the community feel. “At some schools it can be a bit cliquey, but everyone gets on well here. It’s really close knit.”
You may also want to watch:
With all of them set to stay on at the school in Central Square, Lara is looking ahead to her career and the possibility of going into dentistry after her A Levels.
“I just find it really interesting. My friend’s dad is a dentist, so that’s possibly why,” she said.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's