Henrietta Barnett girl flies back from Hong Kong to get results with friends
- Credit: Harry Taylor
One Henrietta Barnett student nearly 6000 miles to get her GCSE results this morning, and was rewarded with 10 grade 9s.
Zoe Zhang has spent her summer in Hong Kong with family and flew back especially to get her results.
“I couldn’t sleep,” she said. “I was awake at 3.30am but I’m really happy.”
She got her results alongside friends Miranda Purchase, Lara Alli and Jodi Coffman, who all had similar top grades. While the school says they look to take pressure off the pupils, Miranda says their own ambition makes them work harder. “A lot of girls here put a lot of pressure on ourselves.”
Jodi said one of the best things about the school was the community feel. “At some schools it can be a bit cliquey, but everyone gets on well here. It’s really close knit.”
You may also want to watch:
With all of them set to stay on at the school in Central Square, Lara is looking ahead to her career and the possibility of going into dentistry after her A Levels.
“I just find it really interesting. My friend’s dad is a dentist, so that’s possibly why,” she said.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 9 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'