Henrietta Barnett girl flies back from Hong Kong to get results with friends
- Credit: Harry Taylor
One Henrietta Barnett student nearly 6000 miles to get her GCSE results this morning, and was rewarded with 10 grade 9s.
Zoe Zhang has spent her summer in Hong Kong with family and flew back especially to get her results.
“I couldn’t sleep,” she said. “I was awake at 3.30am but I’m really happy.”
She got her results alongside friends Miranda Purchase, Lara Alli and Jodi Coffman, who all had similar top grades. While the school says they look to take pressure off the pupils, Miranda says their own ambition makes them work harder. “A lot of girls here put a lot of pressure on ourselves.”
Jodi said one of the best things about the school was the community feel. “At some schools it can be a bit cliquey, but everyone gets on well here. It’s really close knit.”
You may also want to watch:
With all of them set to stay on at the school in Central Square, Lara is looking ahead to her career and the possibility of going into dentistry after her A Levels.
“I just find it really interesting. My friend’s dad is a dentist, so that’s possibly why,” she said.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago