Police investigate after teacher ‘hits’ pupil on Camden school trip
- Credit: Archant
Police were called in to investigate after a nine-year-old boy was allegedly assaulted by a teaching assistant on a school trip.
David Reeves, a pupil at St Dominic’s Primary School in Southampton Road, Gospel Oak, told his family that he had been hit on the shoulder during a visit to Kentish Town City Farm on June 12.
Police investigated but are taking no further action as there was not enough evidence to support the boy’s claim. The assistant was working at the school on a temporary basis and St Dominic’s has decided to end her contract early.
The boy’s mother Gemma Reeves, 29, of West Hampstead, has asked for a formal investigation. “I want to make sure the school’s investigation was carried out properly,” said the mother-of-one. “Initially I was quite happy with their response because I rang the school at 10am and by 2pm the headteacher rang me with a response. But they just said that it wasn’t conclusive. I have no confidence in the school any more.”
She is attempting to have her son moved to another school and has taken the incident to the school’s board of governors and lodged an official complaint with Camden Council.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “The allegation has been thoroughly investigated and, while the findings were inconclusive, the school has made the decision to end the agency worker’s contract early.
“The safety and wellbeing of our students is of paramount importance, and we are confident that we have done all we can to address this allegation.”
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate