PICTURE SPECIAL: Camden and Haringey schools celebrate World Book Day
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren across Camden and Haringey have been sharing their love of fiction on World Book Day.
To mark the 20th anniversary of the national celebration of literature, staff and students got into the spirit of things by dressing up as their favourite characters.
A band of teachers dressed as Oompa Loompas certainly caught the eye at Channing School, while over at Coldfall Primary School there were appearances from a Stormtrooper and Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz.
Clare Constant, who is acting head of Channing Junior School, said: “We have had some fabulous costumes for our World Book Day celebrations today.
“Everything from Captain Underpants to a troop of staff Oompa Loompas.
You may also want to watch:
“The day started with a wonderful Reception book themed assembly followed by a fancy dress parade.
“In the afternoon the girls met their ‘secret storytellers’ who have inspired them to explore new books.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
“The celebrations will continue next week with a reading from ‘Inspector Brunswick: The Case of the Missing Eyebrow’ by Angela Keoghan and Chris Lam Sam and an opportunity for book signing.
“We certainly love books at Channing.”
If you want your school to be included in our World Book Day supplement, e-mail your photos and stories to email@example.com.