Peaky Blinders actress Helen McCrory takes to stage for UCS Hampstead speech day
- Credit: Archant
It was a star-studded speech day at UCS Hampstead with actress Helen McCrory taking to the stage to hand out prizes.
After giving out the prizes to pupils who have excelled throughout the academic year, and to students who are joining UCS on scholarships, the Peaky Blinders star delivered a speech in the school’s Great Hall.
Helen is the patron of the Sir Hubert von Herkomer Foundation, which provides arts education to children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Speaking about the foundation, which has worked with UCS and its partnership schools to provide photography courses, Helen said: “We want inspire children.
“We want to tap into their latent talent and nourish their individuality.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the evening, Clive Bannister, a former UCS pupil, awarded the first ever Roger Bannister prize for outstanding contribution to school sport to Sadie Barr and Jake Blaisdell.
The prize was in honour of his late father, athlete and academic Sir Roger Bannister, who attended UCS between 1944 and 1946.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate