Peaky Blinders actress Helen McCrory takes to stage for UCS Hampstead speech day
- Credit: Archant
It was a star-studded speech day at UCS Hampstead with actress Helen McCrory taking to the stage to hand out prizes.
After giving out the prizes to pupils who have excelled throughout the academic year, and to students who are joining UCS on scholarships, the Peaky Blinders star delivered a speech in the school’s Great Hall.
Helen is the patron of the Sir Hubert von Herkomer Foundation, which provides arts education to children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Speaking about the foundation, which has worked with UCS and its partnership schools to provide photography courses, Helen said: “We want inspire children.
“We want to tap into their latent talent and nourish their individuality.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the evening, Clive Bannister, a former UCS pupil, awarded the first ever Roger Bannister prize for outstanding contribution to school sport to Sadie Barr and Jake Blaisdell.
The prize was in honour of his late father, athlete and academic Sir Roger Bannister, who attended UCS between 1944 and 1946.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury