Peaky Blinders actress Helen McCrory takes to stage for UCS Hampstead speech day
- Credit: Archant
It was a star-studded speech day at UCS Hampstead with actress Helen McCrory taking to the stage to hand out prizes.
After giving out the prizes to pupils who have excelled throughout the academic year, and to students who are joining UCS on scholarships, the Peaky Blinders star delivered a speech in the school’s Great Hall.
Helen is the patron of the Sir Hubert von Herkomer Foundation, which provides arts education to children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Speaking about the foundation, which has worked with UCS and its partnership schools to provide photography courses, Helen said: “We want inspire children.
“We want to tap into their latent talent and nourish their individuality.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the evening, Clive Bannister, a former UCS pupil, awarded the first ever Roger Bannister prize for outstanding contribution to school sport to Sadie Barr and Jake Blaisdell.
The prize was in honour of his late father, athlete and academic Sir Roger Bannister, who attended UCS between 1944 and 1946.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds