Parliament Hill School loses ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a Dartmouth Park secondary school have expressed their disappointment at the loss of its “outstanding” rating.
The all-girls Parliament Hill School in Highgate Road was downgraded to a “good” rating in an Ofsted report.
The specialist technology college was not deemed outstanding as there was a difference in results between pupils “for whom the school receives additional funding, and all other students”, inspectors said following a visit in November.
“A small minority of teaching requires improvement” and there is “some inconsistency in teachers’ marking and feedback”, they also noted.
But the safety and behaviour of pupils, along with the leadership and management of the school, is still deemed “outstanding”.
You may also want to watch:
“Students feel very safe and are proud and happy to be at school,” the report said. “Relationships and pastoral care are of the highest quality”.
A Camden Council spokesman said: “While the Ofsted report is disappointing, we still believe that Parliament Hill is an excellent school.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
“An outstanding rating was given for behaviour and safety of pupils and leadership and management. But, unfortunately, the new way in which Ofsted measures performance means it is now more difficult for schools to achieve an overall outstanding rating. We will now work with the school to do everything we can to regain an outstanding status at the next inspection.”