North Bridge House Senior Hampstead students bag ‘best GCSE results in school’s history’
- Credit: Archant
North Bridge House Senior Hampstead students have bagged the ‘best GCSE results in the school’s history’, with an impressive 55per cent of all grades at Grade 7 or above.
While 93pc of students achieved a “strong pass” at Grade 5+ in English language and 91pc in maths.
The mixed ability school performed exceptionally well in maths, with 66pc of students achieving a Grade 7 or above – compared with the national average of 15.8pc.
Top Grade 9s were gained in the sciences, totalling 55pc in biology, 46pc in chemistry and 37pc in physics.
Head boy, Harri Carpenter particularly excelled, gaining six grade 9s in biology, chemistry, drama, English literature, maths, and physics.
You may also want to watch:
Maria Drel was equally as pleased, gaining five grade 9s in combined science (awarded as a double-grade), French, maths and Spanish, as well as three Grade 8s and a Grade 7 – the equivalent of all A* and A grades.
The languages department continues to build on last year’s GCSE success, celebrating 63pc of grades at 7 or higher. In addition, eight students sat their GCSE qualifications early, achieving eight A*s and an A grade between them.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 8 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
The school is particularly pleased with an overall 87pc of grades at 5 and above across its broad range of subjects – all of which are the new reformed, more exacting qualifications, taken at the end of KS4 and heavily if not completely determined by student performance on the day – and most impressively, a total 34pc grade 8s and 9s.
Brendan Pavey, Head of North Bridge House Senior Hampstead, said: “I am absolutely delighted for the class of 2018.
“They are a wonderful set of students and to achieve outstanding results is nothing less than they deserve. They have been brilliantly well supported by a fantastic set of teachers and I could not be more proud of their achievements. It has been a privilege to watch the dedication of them all and to see their beaming smiles when collecting their results this morning. Congratulations to everyone - children, teachers and parents.”