LATEST NEWS: New heateacher for William Ellis School
A HEADTEACHER described as ‘exceptional’ has been appointed at William Ellis School after two resignations and an interim appointment to the position have occured since 2008.
The new head, Sam White, comes to the Highgate Road school from top comprehensive the London Oratory School where he held the position of deputy head teacher.
In 2008, Richard Tanton resigned as headteacher of William Ellis and was replaced by Robbie Cathcart.
At end of the summer term in 2009, Mr Cathcart stepped down.
Jill Hislop was appointed to act as an interim until a suitable candidate was found to fill the post.
Chairwoman of the governors at William Ellis, Fiona Millar, said of the new appointment: “The governors are delighted that we have made an appointment so early in the school year.
“Sam White was an exceptional candidate, from an outstanding boys’ comprehensive school.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Three north London men charged after boxer Amir Khan ‘robbed at gunpoint’
- 3 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 4 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 5 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 8 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 9 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
“The school is in a strong position now, with clear improvements in teaching, learning and leadership being acknowledged by Ofsted last term.
In a statement Mr White said: “Over the few days I have been at the school I found a vibrant school with enormous potential; confident and friendly pupils, dedicated and knowledgeable staff and a committed and determined governing body.
“The school is in very good hands with Jill Hislop and I look forward to working with her to ensure a smooth transition.”