LATEST NEWS: New heateacher for William Ellis School
A HEADTEACHER described as ‘exceptional’ has been appointed at William Ellis School after two resignations and an interim appointment to the position have occured since 2008.
The new head, Sam White, comes to the Highgate Road school from top comprehensive the London Oratory School where he held the position of deputy head teacher.
In 2008, Richard Tanton resigned as headteacher of William Ellis and was replaced by Robbie Cathcart.
At end of the summer term in 2009, Mr Cathcart stepped down.
Jill Hislop was appointed to act as an interim until a suitable candidate was found to fill the post.
You may also want to watch:
Chairwoman of the governors at William Ellis, Fiona Millar, said of the new appointment: “The governors are delighted that we have made an appointment so early in the school year.
“Sam White was an exceptional candidate, from an outstanding boys’ comprehensive school.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 3 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 4 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 5 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 8 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 9 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
“The school is in a strong position now, with clear improvements in teaching, learning and leadership being acknowledged by Ofsted last term.
In a statement Mr White said: “Over the few days I have been at the school I found a vibrant school with enormous potential; confident and friendly pupils, dedicated and knowledgeable staff and a committed and determined governing body.
“The school is in very good hands with Jill Hislop and I look forward to working with her to ensure a smooth transition.”