LATEST NEWS: New heateacher for William Ellis School
A HEADTEACHER described as ‘exceptional’ has been appointed at William Ellis School after two resignations and an interim appointment to the position have occured since 2008.
The new head, Sam White, comes to the Highgate Road school from top comprehensive the London Oratory School where he held the position of deputy head teacher.
In 2008, Richard Tanton resigned as headteacher of William Ellis and was replaced by Robbie Cathcart.
At end of the summer term in 2009, Mr Cathcart stepped down.
Jill Hislop was appointed to act as an interim until a suitable candidate was found to fill the post.
You may also want to watch:
Chairwoman of the governors at William Ellis, Fiona Millar, said of the new appointment: “The governors are delighted that we have made an appointment so early in the school year.
“Sam White was an exceptional candidate, from an outstanding boys’ comprehensive school.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 9 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
“The school is in a strong position now, with clear improvements in teaching, learning and leadership being acknowledged by Ofsted last term.
In a statement Mr White said: “Over the few days I have been at the school I found a vibrant school with enormous potential; confident and friendly pupils, dedicated and knowledgeable staff and a committed and determined governing body.
“The school is in very good hands with Jill Hislop and I look forward to working with her to ensure a smooth transition.”